SEO for Xenforo

JoyFreak

How can this be improved?

I have noticed that my site isn't even listening on google when you search the term "Game Network Online" or must be so far past the 10th page. It shows on "Game Network Online Forum" but it's like 5-6th on the first page and "GNOnline" its on the 3-4th page.

How do I get my forums on the first page?
What else can be done?

Do I need to change my title/forum description or are they good?

Title: Game Network Online Forum - Free MMO and MMORPG Private Servers
Desc: A community dedicated to the development of MMO and MMORPG and to create, share or play free MMO and MMORPG private servers.

Thanks!!

The content isn’t even listening. Like the EvilGunz category, it’s their main server forum and if you search EvilGunz, it’s on 3rd page. You would think it be on first page.

How can this be improved?

I have noticed that my site isn't even listening on google when you search the term "Game Network Online" or must be so far past the 10th page. It shows on "Game Network Online Forum" but it's like 5-6th on the first page and "GNOnline" its on the 3-4th page.

How do I get my forums on the first page?
What else can be done?

Do I need to change my title/forum description or are they good?

Title: Game Network Online Forum - Free MMO and MMORPG Private Servers
Desc: A community dedicated to the development of MMO and MMORPG and to create, share or play free MMO and MMORPG private servers.

Thanks!!
You might want to to tool then corn entries and increase the number of times the site map is rebuilt.

If you click on rebuild site map you can increase days and times by clicking the days and times.

Ok thanks. I will take a look when I’m home.

But how will increasing the submission get me on top page? I mean it auto does it now and again anyway so how will increasing it do any better?

How old is your forum? Do you have any errors? Have you checked if you have any 404's or if search engines have trouble crawling? How many backlinks do you have? Have you added your site into Google's Search Console?

Ranking no 1, even for site names isn't that simple but we can get an idea why.

So, doing some quick search:

- kw "gnonline" you are rank 1 for most datacenters, haven't checked all countries
- kw "gnonline.net" - rank 1, same as above

You also have 4.5k pages indexed by Google. However, and this is a big problem, you've hidden most of your content behind forum logins, meaning nobody can see that content unless they create an user. I'm sure you understand, crawlers do not see behind this.

My advice, unless it helps you in any way, remove this wall.

How old is your forum? Do you have any errors? Have you checked if you have any 404's or if search engines have trouble crawling? How many backlinks do you have? Have you added your site into Google's Search Console?

Ranking no 1, even for site names isn't that simple but we can get an idea why.

So, doing some quick search:

- kw "gnonline" you are rank 1 for most datacenters, haven't checked all countries
- kw "gnonline.net" - rank 1, same as above

You also have 4.5k pages indexed by Google. However, and this is a big problem, you've hidden most of your content behind forum logins, meaning nobody can see that content unless they create an user. I'm sure you understand, crawlers do not see behind this.

My advice, unless it helps you in any way, remove this wall.

Thank you for your reply. My forum was up and running around August/September 2017, so not long ago but was under a different domain name until a month ago when I decided to change it to accommodate other games. I have no errors as far as I am aware. How do you check if there are any errors or if the search engines are having trouble crawling? I have my site added to Google Search Console. What is a backlink and how do you have them?

I added this wall a week ago to see if it will increase registration and quite honestly, it has increased. I will remove it after a month. I like to see how things get on with and without it.

When linking your site, use the anchor text "Game Network Online" or "Game Network Online Forum".

Sorry, what do you mean?

Actually, your signature is a naked link anchor.

Ok now I am confused.

I meant is this what this is all about, is he refering to my signature? As in do I need to change it to anchor text? But how will this increase SEO, its on Xenforo and not my site anyway?

Thank you for your reply. My forum was up and running around August/September 2017, so not long ago but was under a different domain name until a month ago when I decided to change it to accommodate other games. I have no errors as far as I am aware. How do you check if there are any errors or if the search engines are having trouble crawling? I have my site added to Google Search Console. What is a backlink and how do you have them?

I added this wall a week ago to see if it will increase registration and quite honestly, it has increased. I will remove it after a month. I like to see how things get on with and without it.

Sorry, what do you mean?

Have you redirected your old domain to your new one? You'll see the errors after you add your site to Google Search Console.

Have you redirected your old domain to your new one? You'll see the errors after you add your site to Google Search Console.

Yes I have. Okay, I will keep my eye on that, thank you!

He is saying that when you link to your site on any other site you should be using anchor text Game Network Online that is better for SEO than a naked link anchor. Have a read at the MOZ anchor link info.

Ahh, very good to know! Thank you so much!

Top Bottom