******* - Sendy Integrate [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume if I have been sending emails via the forum and have the bounce system set up then my list woulkd be classed as clean ?

Anyone know how to increase the send rate from SES? Is that something we can request to increase?

https://aws.amazon.com/support/crea...ses-sending-quota&type=service_limit_increase

I assume if I have been sending emails via the forum and have the bounce system set up then my list woulkd be classed as clean ?

Not quite. Emails in XenForo only go out when a user does something. If you have thousands of users who have never logged in since you setup bounced email management, then those emails may be bad emails.

That link is for send quota. I already used it to increase my daily quota to 50K email. I like to increase the max send rate from 14 email/second to higher number.

Sorry, misread. I believe that is tied to quota. Mine is 50k daily currently and I have the same 14 email send rate.

As BSG stated... unopened emails can be just as bad as bounced emails. You're best to use an SMTP service, you can get them around $10 per 25k emails, if not a little better than that. Use them for 3 months. If the same people haven't opened their emails over 3 months, chances are they're a bad recipient, thus clean them out of your list.

You're better off to be sending to 5000 people, of which 95% plus open the email, than 20k and only 20% are opening it.

If you have a super clean list, you can send via your own server, if you have a dedicated one. You just need to break your list down into smaller lists and warm your servers IP to email clients, so you don't become a spam IP with too many people hitting "spam" on their inbox.

That link is for send quota. I already used it to increase my daily quota to 50K email. I like to increase the max send rate from 14 email/second to higher number.
I think you can just request them for a higher number. But I think they do monitor how many emails you're sending on monthly/weekly basis. Ours got increased to 99k/day @29mails/second.

Trying to buy this, but your site won't accept my password (I've purchased from you before) and your password reset function fails.

*******.webp

I like to import bounced emails from Sendy to Xenforo. From Sendy we can export a .csv file with all bounced emails, maybe someone can code an addon to read that file and change xenforo members table? Or, better, ******* can add that feature on this addon?

Ok, my next question.

I have about 19,000 confirmed, registered members on my forum.

I rebuild the sendy email list and i have 23,000 in the list ? How can this be ??

I set the list to include only registered members who are valid and not banned etc. plus not to include members who have opted out of forum emails.

How can the list be so high ? am i getting duplicates from somwhere ?

I rebuild the sendy email list and i have 23,000 in the list ? How can this be ??
Yer, I don't think this got fixed as initially believed. After saying it was fixed, I had to manually drop my member table data and find the relevant info, then import that list and clear them out on my test list.

It would be nice for this to talk two ways, instead of just XF to Sendy, when using the Amazon service which is fully integrated with Sendy.

I have tried it twice - deleted the list and rebuilt the database - again 23,000 on the list ??

Im not sure I even have 23,000 including deleted members etc. ?

If i do the same search using xenforos same criteria I get a true reflection 18,000 is members.

Tried Sendy again and back to 23,000

Yeap, when an email from Sendy is bounced, the XF member status should change as well.
This would be an incredible feature.

I wonder how difficult it would be for ******* to implement this? I assume it may require developing a modification / add-on for Sendy which then "talks" to XF? Not sure really, but clearly a good idea to have such a feature anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom