******* - Sendy Integrate [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a test run with this, and it added all my subscribers as unconfirmed instead of active.

Updated: I think I found the issue for you. When you have a list that uses the double opt-in within the list options, then importing the list brings them in as unconfirmed. This is an issue for public registrations IMHO, as guests often only subscribe to the newsletter without having an account, thus they require double opt-in via the list settings to comply by law, compared to double opt-in via email confirmation for registered members.

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 1.45.52 pm.webp

Last edited:
1. You can manage and check bounced/spam/unsubscribed direct on Sendy and this will be updated on your XF.
2. Yes, that's right. It will keep your list up to date automatically.
I am curious, does this mean that if I unsubscribe to the sendy newsletter, that the XF newsletter option will automatically be unchecked? Because I tested this and it didn't work, and I can't see how it would work when my Sendy is in its own DB and not the XF one as additional tables. Does it need to be installed in the XF DB to work?

I did a test run with this, and it added all my subscribers as unconfirmed instead of active.

Updated: I think I found the issue for you. When you have a list that uses the double opt-in within the list options, then importing the list brings them in as unconfirmed. This is an issue for public registrations IMHO, as guests often only subscribe to the newsletter without having an account, thus they require double opt-in via the list settings to comply by law, compared to double opt-in via email confirmation for registered members.

Hi @Anthony Parsons After checked your issue, i've seen that Sendy doesn't allow to set Double Opt-in with active status. By default when you force your users subscribed, they will need to click confirm link to get active status.

What about those that are not valid, set as bounced already or have chose not to receive emails from admins?
Let me try on the next upgrade.

******* updated ******* - Sendy Integrate with a new update entry:

14/01/2015: Version 1.3.0

- Added option to skip users who have choose not to receive site mailings when force rebuild subscribers.
- Fixed bug don't use secondary group when import users
- Minor bug fixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

View attachment 94441
So there is no workaround for this?

That's almost a deal breaker. How did you solve this (if you did)?

You have to make your list single opt-in when importing. New members will be added as unconfirmed, having to confirm their subscription specifically. It is an issue, yes.

******* updated ******* - Sendy Integrate with a new update entry:

19/01/2015: Version 1.4.0

- Added option to select user's state when force rebuild subscribers.
- Minor bug fixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

does this sync username to Name field in the list?
Does it map custom fields? Say like I have a timestamp custom field in the list and I like to map the XF registered date to that field so that I can see the growth of my list via Sendy.

@*******

I now have everything working and am waiting for amazon to upgrade my account from the 200 per day to the 10,000 per day email limit.

My forum has areound 15000 members who will get emails - can you answer a couple of questions for me.

The email limit is 10,000 per day - how do i email my 15000 members ?

if the daily limit is 10,000 does it keep the other 5,000 in a queue until the next day or will it send them and charge me for it ?

Can I get the maximum email threshold made higher to accomodate my 15000 memebers ?

Can I split the lists into two of 7,500 ??

Not sure what options are available to me.

Great hack by the way.

Yes. As long as your list is clean and you're not starting out on SES with a list that needs to be cleaned. Lots of people switch from existing services to SES... and Amazon will cater you providing your list is legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom