XF 1.2 Sending Emails

Mark Harris

Hi there!

To start, I know the system can send emails because the registration emails are working.

On my admin account I have everything turned on that I will receive emails when I'm tagged etc. I don't.

When I try the email all users thing and then send a test email, nothing arrives (unless there is a delay)

Just not really sure if I have missed a setting?

Thanks!

From admin log :

Code:
array(9) {
  ["test"] => string(15) "Send Test Email"
  ["criteria"] => string(117) "{"receive_admin_email":"1","user_group_id":"2","no_secondary_group_ids":"1","user_state":["valid"],"is_banned":["0"]}"
  ["total"] => string(1) "3"
  ["from_name"] => string(16) "Clear Cut Gaming"
  ["from_email"] => string(27) "mark@******.co.uk"
  ["email_title"] => string(10) "Test Email"
  ["email_format"] => string(4) "text"
  ["email_body"] => string(14) "This is a test"
  ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
}

Well, I changed my email address from my proper domain to gmail and I'm getting mails.

How very odd, never had a problem before, unless it's something to do with the boards from address?

I just tried creating a new account with another email address from the same domain. For clarity xenforo is on abc.co.uk and the domain I am trying to receive mail on is xyz.co. uk.

Still nothing.

Does the mail server need to be on the same machine or belong to the same domain? Or can it be any site as long as I have credentials?

That said I don't normally have problems with forum registration or indeed xenforo. Com for example

Tried this, with localhost and it still sends to gmail but not my proper work domain.

From the logs I can see It has something to do with requiring a FQDN or it gets rejected.

Any ideas?

Top Bottom