Fixed Sending emails: MySQL server has gone away in

tenants

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

This is the seconds time I've sent an email to more than 10000 accounts, and it's the second time I have seen this error (after sending the email to 500 - 1000 accounts)

I know this is a server issue, but there is no way to continue sending the emails once the exception has occurred.. I don't even know which user id we have gotten to.

Can we have some sort of mechanism to carry on sending out emails after a MySQL error occurs (catch the exception, pause the emailing.. ask to push button to carry on)

Last edited:
I'm assuming this is via the admin CP? The queue system isn't used for that so it won't be different in 1.2. We likely just need to ensure the DB is "pinged" to maintain the connection.

For now, my work around it to send to no more than a few hundred users at a time
(by making sure they are in a certain group and match the email @a and then @b... @z)

of course, that was a bad idea, I should have used a@ b@ z@
@gmail @hotmail... urgh!

It seems to die at about 1000 users (at least for me)

Last edited:
I'm assuming this is via the admin CP? The queue system isn't used for that so it won't be different in 1.2. We likely just need to ensure the DB is "pinged" to maintain the connection.
I stand corrected, thanks for the information. (y)

Top Bottom