XF 1.5 Send Emails as Plain Text?

Mayhem30

I'm trying to set up my forum so it sends all the registration, confirmation links, etc as plain text (not html).

I've noticed in the phrase manager that 2 options exist for each email template (eg) "user_email_confirmation_body_html" and "user_email_confirmation_body_text".

How do I set up the forum to use the non-html version of the templates?

By default both versions are sent.
It would require an add-on to prevent it.

To do it manually, you could edit the email templates and replace the HTML content with the plain text version.
However, in order to do that, you would need to enable debug mode and do it for each email template.
Bear in mind that any templates edited manually would revert on an upgrade, unless you did it as email template mods in the form of an add-on.

I've noticed in the phrase manager that 2 options exist for each email template (eg) "user_email_confirmation_body_html" and "user_email_confirmation_body_text".
I just wanted to say Thanxx @Mayhem30 for mentioning this! I tried editing the text version in the phrase manager, adding a 'You can also Contact Us if needed' note and it just would not show up in the (html) email. :( And now, after reading your & @Brogan's discussion here I understand why! :LOL:

Top Bottom