Senator and online community wins justice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgain

Fascinating story out of Texas. The online community prevented what appears to be serious fraud by the lawmasters.
A Bill was being debated on a controversial issue on Weds 25 June, However polls had made it clear that a strong majority in Texas are against the Bill.

A lady senator attempted to filibuster the Bill. This means she had to stand up unaided, not eat or drink, or toilet, for 11 hours as she presented evidence against the Bill. Evidence she presented was strictly assessed and if irrelevant she would lose her filibuster.
There was a general news blackout on the event. Police confiscated cameras but one stream did reach the net watched by 200,000 by the end of the night.

The lady senator is a cripple needing a back brace. When a gentleman senator tried to help her adjust her brace this was defined as breaking the rule that she must "stand unaided." On a third ruling of similar oddity she was disqualified at 11.45pm.
Amidst scenes of uproar which either resembled the UK Commons at PMQ or outdo it, as a huge popular demonstration filled the building and surrounding area with protest noise, a vote was attempted. The State website according to 1,000s of online witnesses, showed 12.03 when the Bill was announced as passed. Images of this clock were tweeted worldwide as the deadline for the Bill to pass was midnight.

An hour and a half later a closed meeting took place to decide if the vote was valid.
Suddenly the time on the State website for the passing of the Bill changed from 06:26.03 (12.03) to 06:25.59 (11.59 before midnight).
Online pandemonium ensued as too many people saw the change! Enough Senators were alerted and pushed to act to force a retraction.

You couldn't make it up. Commentators say they have never known anything like it.
Mainstream news sources merely report the Bill was dropped.

Another attempt will be made July 1. You got to admire those bad guys, they don't give up easy!

https://medium.com/ladybits-on-medium/cb900fa4f14b

Yet another story showing America is broken.
Today I was wondering how long Americans will put up with governments that aren't on the side of the people ?
It is so clear governing bodies in the US ... aren't working for the people.

As the Parachute club famously said, "It's time to rise up!"
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They're talking about not allowing people the right to record things like this... Sad really.... Government wants to cheat the people and they'll take any measure to do it, including removing the tools that prevented them from doing it in the first place... ie... live stream and social media.

It's not longer the will of the people, but the will of the government.

Lady crip? Was she going up against the Bloods?

In Texas nonetheless!

And the "online community" didn't really "win". There was only one local news station that had a license to cover the proceedings and make them available online. They had a surge of people trying to watch it live, but there was only one outlet that had the license for it.

Most other networks just thought it was going to pass, so they didn't spend a lot of time with it.

Fair play to her for standing and talking that long.
I thought the Punch & Judy show in the House of Commons was bad enough.
Exactly my thought Paul.

Our contact in Texas says there is a big stink about it. Corruption rules OK but not so openly - changing the date and time for 200,000 people to see?

Meanwhile here in the UK where problems are not the same but just as bad, for a message of hope try
http://thepeoplesassembly.org.uk/
(If you a really conservative you won't like it)

There's corruption in a lot of places. It's insane. I try not to really think too much about it. It's another ugly part of the world we live in.

No government corruption is "OK"

Oops that was deepcut Brit sarcasm Adam.
Sorry.
Although here our government is extremely good at doing very naughty things indeed and doing them discreetly.
Only since about 1980 really it's become less of a gentleman's game. less Kipling, more an openly crude domination game.

Oops that was deepcut Brit sarcasm Adam.
Sorry.
Although here our government is extremely good at doing very naughty things indeed and doing them discreetly.
Only since about 1980 really it's become less of a gentleman's game. less Kipling, more an openly crude domination game.

British parliament has had its fill of corruption for a lot longer than the last 30 years. And not all of it polite or discreetly done. Some of the most deepest corrupt acts were well publicly known before, during, and after.

Still think there's an awful lot happens doesnt get known. But that is not really suitable fro public discussion.

Ehhh I'd rather people do something a tad more active than just thinking about how corrupt things are.
I'd like them to think about positive things or how to change that bad. Think to a point about the corruption but don't get all bent out of shape over it :)

Tolerate what is and push what should be.

Ehhh I'd rather people do something a tad more active than just thinking about how corrupt things are.
I'd like them to think about positive things or how to change that bad. Think to a point about the corruption but don't get all bent out of shape over it :)

What we have today is tolerance. People tolerate the way things are.

What we need is more people to think about that and move past it, which will require action. But no action will happen if people don't think about it first.

There was a general news blackout on the event.
Well, except for CNN reporting on it throughout the day & night and even the local outlets covering talking about it.

Mainstream news sources merely report the Bill was dropped.
Well, maybe in the UK but certainly not over here.

I don't know who is filling in you in on what is being covered by the "news" here but the person or persons(s) are not exactly accurate.

I am quite certain we're getting at the same thing but with different words.

I encourage people to be active and educated.

I just had a friend who would sit and COMPLAIN all day to me about politics and never once did he attend any town/city/state meetings. He has only ever voted once as I know today and he has had a number of chances since he came of age. He loves to COMPLAIN about things he had the chance to vote on. I listen and listen anddddd listen because all he does is think about this stuff. "You know what I was thinking..." is how he started out most of his conversations.

He went to school and majored in poli sci, yet he never did anything... he never even tried to get into any school offices or attend any school meeting.

Example of someone who just thought himself into a depressing little hole... Pretty much went crazy.
If there were a political intervention program somewhere I'm pretty sure I should have dragged him there.

That's what I mean when I try not to think about it. I don't need to be in a weird crazy place in my life because of some stupid people who made it to office.

I don't see any sign of passivity around this. People are actively angry about it. Preparations are being made to fight the next round.

I am quite certain we're getting at the same thing but with different words.
I encourage people to be active and educated. ...

I just had a friend who would sit and COMPLAIN ...
He went to school and majored in poli sci, yet he never did anything... he never even tried to get into any school offices or attend any school meeting.
Example of someone who just thought himself into a depressing little hole... Pretty much went crazy.

That's what I mean when I try not to think about it. I don't need to be in a weird crazy place in my life because of some stupid people who made it to office.

You're absolutely right that between weird n crazy, and intelligent knowledge, there's isn't much space. they are very close, and often overlap.
Really living with truth can cause depression though some people are addicted to depression anyway.
Looking at how things are, being brave enough to LOOK does take courage. Which is also a kind of craziness.
What I mean is that both insight, awareness, looking beneath surfaces; and courage, go outside the ordinary safe limits. The price can be depression, yes.

Around 1999- 2003 I did feel despair because people were so blind. I had so much experience of working in groups, networks, making things happen. But in the 90s people lost hope, gave up. Then they couldn't see it coming - the crash, and the inevitable repression and austerity to follow. I felt very lonely other than my family and a couple of friends. That is horrible, being able to see more, to know more. It's a curse.
I did give up for a while - there was no point in trying to organise things if people don't want it - you can't force people to fight for freedom!

But since 2004/5 it's very slowly got better and now people are really beginning to get aware and active. Community - cooperation - resistance - ideals - these are words I haven't heard in public for a very long time. Decades.
I don't think truth is a weird crazy place. Or yes it is! Sorry yes it is. Admit that one.
But I'm no good at doing it any other way. To me it's the right kind of weird and crazy.
It does need a clan or community though .... hence XF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom