I am looking into the viability of building an online community for customers at my company and would be grateful for some advice.
The premise is that we have an online information product and are looking to evolve the online information to a community based platform where users can get together and ask questions of their peers and embark on discussion of the key issues associated with their area.
I have some questions:
Before the company invests in this across all our product areas, we are looking to pilot this for say a period of three months and use XenForo as our chosen platform.
1. In any potential forum, we would like to see the following attributes:
- Ability to moderate posts
- Gamification Engine whereby other users can reward good posts thus encouraging respondents
- Ability to create sub-communities and search
- Agreement to T's and C's prior to posting
Does the Xenforo come with this as standard ? if not what are basics and what do I need to buy ?
2. What other add-ons do people recommend I purchase as part of our implementation ?
3. How customisale is the XenForo platform in terms of look and feel ?
4. I am going to hire a developer to project manage this and build it on our behalf, any suggestions on where to start ?
Look forward to youe valued feedback