1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling/Transferring XF License.

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Cluster, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Cluster

Cluster Member

I am not sure from what I have read if this is possible, lot of confusing threads and even the agreement is confusing to me.

I will be closing down my web site in a couple of days, due to some personal medical issues that have come up.

From what I have read its possible to do this or not I dunno the wording isn't all that clear and I'm really medicated so forgive me if this has been talked about before, but I do have a license that I won't be using anymore since I am in the process of taking down my web site(s) and I really don't want the license to go to waste considering I just got it a few days ago as an upgrade from previous software however due to medical reasons (long story).

Let me know either way, just kinda bad news day here.

2. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

Whats your forum?

3. Cluster

Cluster Member

I was running freebie/couponing web site but I've taken it down already. allthefreethings.com

4. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

I think these are the only 2 considerations:

You can only transfer a license once (i.e. you can't transfer a license you bought from someone else)
    The license has to be older than a certain time (I think 4 months but check the agreement)

5. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Licenses are eligible to be transferred 120 days after the purchase, must be active and not have been transferred previously.

6. Cluster

Cluster Member

Okay then I'm good to go then, thanks. I'm really having to re-read a lot of stuff today and I didn't want to upset anyone.