XF 1.1 Selling/trading license?

Slidefuse

Hello, I am sadly not falling in love with XenForo the way I thought I would...
But I have been doing some readying, that says I can't make a licences transfer?

Is there any way I could complete stop using my XenForo, and give it all to some one else?
XenForo is not even installed on my site anymore...

Is there any way I can sell my license on another site, with out it being bad?

Thanks for your time,
-Felix

Hello, I am sadly not falling in love with XenForo the way I thought I would...
But I have been doing some readying, that says I can't make a licences transfer?

Is there any way I could complete stop using my XenForo, and give it all to some one else?
XenForo is not even installed on my site anymore...

Is there any way I can sell my license on another site, with out it being bad?

Thanks for your time,
-Felix

You can legally sell/transfer a license after it has been active for 120 days. There are many sites which you can sell them on, but one very well run site is http://extralicense.com/

Eh, what a shame.... I wish there was some way to work this out, and let me sell it earlier.
I hear yah...but then again from the other side of things I can pose a possible example...I help a lot of people out freely here just because they are members of the community.

If they allowed for everyone to buy and sell immediately, people with non legit copies of xf could sign up, buy a license and get lots of help finishing their whole site and a month later sell the license for a small loss and have another non legit copy of xf leaving the new owner looking like they may be a guilty party and leaving people like me and many others out quite a bit used helping them and others in the community who are legit and want help lose out on help which they deserve more than someone ripping everyone off and I do agree that it is a shame that everyone must pay for the greed of a small few because as you can probably feel and see.... it has a real effect.

You may be able to try and work something out if you submit a ticket and plead a case but before you do that I wonder what it is exactly that is keeping you from fully embracing the software?

I hear yah...but then again from the other side of things I can pose a possible example...I help a lot of people out freely here just because they are members of the community.

If they allowed for everyone to buy and sell immediately, people with non legit copies of xf could sign up, buy a license and get lots of help finishing their whole site and a month later sell the license for a small loss and have another non legit copy of xf leaving the new owner looking like they may be a guilty party and leaving people like me and many others out quite a bit used helping them and others in the community who are legit and want help lose out on help which they deserve more than someone ripping everyone off and I do agree that it is a shame that everyone must pay for the greed of a small few because as you can probably feel and see.... it has a real effect.

You may be able to try and work something out if you submit a ticket and plead a case but before you do that I wonder what it is exactly that is keeping you from fully embracing the software?
That is a VERY good point.
My problem is that I'm having problems skinning it + I was also a vB fan... I tried to re create the post bit, but its buggy as hell.
Its just not as easy for me I guess, I am also starting to hate the look of it, lol.
I have problems...

I want to hire someone to make a custom skin... But that is to much money for me at this time. (My goal is to get money to buy a vBulletin license, but I'm normally not mr cheap... But the price for it is a bit much)

Top Bottom