Sell it to me then

ChemicalKicks

I like vBulletin but......

I also like Xen, I like the implementation and the way it all just seems to work. I particularly like the ethos driving development, that's not to say I think it's finished.

Now, say I where to buy a licence tomorrow, I'd like things to look "roughly" similar to how my forum looks now and I would want to do so with the minimum of fuss. So I would like a blogs section, I'd want a sidebar and I would want the theme to look generally the same.

Using off the shelf parts ie mods existing features would this be generally possible and if I would need to install plugins link me to them.

My site is www.the-sps.org

Okay so now some more specifics.

When importing will my video become broken, I'm coming from 4.1.5 so there's a mix of video sources not just YouTube, will they convert and display inline properly?

How will IMG tags handle, will they port across easily enough? My images are set to fill the post without going out of the box, will that break? Images saved as attachments and displayed inline will they still displayed inline?

Thank you again Brogan, slowly but surely going through a check list and I'm happy to say everythings been positive. I'll post back when if I think of some more.

Only major thing left really is the theme/style and I'm just floating around Google for those as I don't have a license to properly view them here.

Yes was playing with the demo last night.

Watch thread feature and post thread marking.

Okay so I was under the impression that if I read up to the end of a thread then moved on somewhere else and noticed there had been new replies to the original that if I clicked the thread title it would take me to the last unread post. The only reason I'm questing this is because I'm being taken to the first page of this thread when I know that I have read and posted in the second. I will say that I was using a mobile device to read and post for the day today and now I'm posting on the lappy, is the thread marking here linked to cookie or is it database marking?

Watch thread - how does this work, should I get notifications if I watch a thread every time a new post appears in the watched thread?

It is slightly complicated, but basically if there is new content in a thread, it will take you to the new content. Keep in mind that after some number of days the forum will mark content as 'read' even if you have not read them.

If there is no new content, clicking on the title will take you to the beginning of the thread.

Ah right so that's the desired behaviour, well as long as I understand it so that I can explain it that's cool. The thread/post marking can be set I see in the demo, doesn't say if this can be switched off though. :)

That is the only thread marking system there is.

After many years on forums I personally think it is the best. 99+% percent of the time clicking on the thread title will take my members exactly to the place they want to be.
If you hover your mouse around toward the left while viewing a list of threads instructions will pop-up.

Top Bottom