SelfHosted Xenforo + PostFix -> AnyHelpHerePlease ?

aljaxus

Alright, so as you can probably tell from the title... ...yes i am messing with SelfHosting.

"Why? You can just pay for a webhost. It's also cheaper in most cases."
-> You won't learn anything that way.

So... If anyone has any idea, a good tutorial or explanation how to set that up, or he knows and is so kind that he/she is willing to help, please do so.

-> info:
- I have postfix installed
- It works (sending emails)
- I don't know how to use it (select what domain will be used. I have "aljaxus.eu" as default hostname, but i want to use "no-reply@towernetwork.eu" as the sender address
- XenForo is on fresh-install (just for testing, until i learn and understand how to set it up)
- Licenced
- Working (until we come to the email part
clear.png
)

I was seeking for help in some other communities, which did not turn out very helpful, so please, if anyone has anything to say/recommend please do so.

Thank you in advance for any help you might provide.
Kind regards.

Not sure if this is what your looking for
Code:
Then add this to /etc/postfix/relayhost_maps:

sender@yourdomain.com       [smtp.mandrillapp.com]
sender1@sub.yourdomain.com  [smtp.mandrillapp.com]

https://mandrill.zendesk.com/hc/en-...ow-to-Use-Postfix-to-Send-Email-with-Mandrill
Hey! Thanks for the reply :)

Just asking... Will this MailDrill allow me having my accounts (such as "someone@towernetwork.eu","no-reply@towernetwork.eu","example1@towernetwork.eu") being used as usable mail addresses? For example, connecting them to Windows10's Email App?

I am pretty new to the whole email-servers thing, this is probably why all these questions :P

It's just an example you could use any internal or Extertal email server. I use mail jet for sending and a gmail account for receiving

After playing around with hosting everything I found their services to be one of the best for data analytics and saving myself from meltdowns trying to figure out why my emails aren't sending. I was using their free hosting then after about a year upgraded to the first basic service

After playing around with hosting everything I found their services to be one of the best for data analytics and saving myself from meltdowns trying to figure out why my emails aren't sending. I was using their free hosting then after about a year upgraded to the first basic service
Neat :)

Seems like i will try them out. Change my whole setup, but well i guess i have to.
Thank you for your reply tho :)

If using Postfix you will need to set up (most likely) virtual domain support in it.
It's not one of the easiest things to do, and if you aren't familiar with the ins/outs of administering a server is not something I'd suggest getting your feet wet with. There is an option of getting a VPS and setting up Mail-in-a-Box or iRedMail on it and then setting up XF to use SMTP to connect to that VPS.

If using Postfix you will need to set up (most likely) virtual domain support in it.
It's not one of the easiest things to do, and if you aren't familiar with the ins/outs of administering a server is not something I'd suggest getting your feet wet with. There is an option of getting a VPS and setting up Mail-in-a-Box or iRedMail on it and then setting up XF to use SMTP to connect to that VPS.
Well i am not getting another VPS anytime soon :P
But yeah... i guess i am not going to touch that for a while.

Have a look on this packet.
Setup for a complete Mailserver.
Requires the use of Docker for the latest version if I am not mistaken. The current source has not been merged down if I read correctly.
So that's another level of complexity that a newbie really doesn't need exposure to at their initial stages. ;)

Requires the use of Docker for the latest version if I am not mistaken. The current source has not been merged down if I read correctly.
So that's another level of complexity that a newbie really doesn't need exposure to at their initial stages. ;)

i like how you expressed yourself while mentioning me :P

Top Bottom