Implemented "Select all" add ons in ACP

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Not always tedious. I usually (when having problems) uncheck 3 at a time and then refresh to see if I'm still having that problem. If the problem stops then I know it's one of those 3. Just basically opposite of what is done by turning all off and then turning them on 1 at a time.

The benefit I see to this is it would make it easy to quickly see if it's an add-on or not, but I do that by just disabling add-ons in the config.php - it disables all functions/features of the add-on so you can be assured there are no "left-overs" to interfere.

Not always tedious. I usually (when having problems) uncheck 3 at a time and then refresh to see if I'm still having that problem. If the problem stops then I know it's one of those 3. Just basically opposite of what is done by turning all off and then turning them on 1 at a time.

The benefit I see to this is it would make it easy to quickly see if it's an add-on or not, but I do that by just disabling add-ons in the config.php - it disables all functions/features of the add-on so you can be assured there are no "left-overs" to interfere.
I would imagine some people may feel uncomfortable modifying a PHP file to disable add ons.

I would imagine some people may feel uncomfortable modifying a PHP file to disable add ons.
You do realize the config.php is the file that you set up your DB related stuff in (DB name, username, password, etc) and that is used to enable debug and the other various features - correct?
Also, disabling at the config.php level is the only SURE way to be guaranteed that all interactions of the add-on are disabled. I have used some add-ons, that even if disabled in the ACP, still caused problems. The only way to resolve them was by disabling via config.php.

Nop, Mike said in one post (some of my thread) that it is not the same. To be absolute sure, you have to disable add on in ACP and disable listeners in config.php

Nop, Mike said in one post (some of my thread) that it is not the same. To be absolute sure, you have to disable add on in ACP and disable listeners in config.php
That may well be, but the post I was replying to (and quoted) referred to people being afraid to edit the config.php. To be assured that it's done and no interference is occurring it must be done in both places.

Top Bottom