1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Securing hosting solution for XenForo before purchase

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Forumer, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Forumer

Forumer Member

I'm going to take the plunge and purchase a XenForo license shortly, and I'd like to get what I need for hosting squared away.

I ran several vBulletin 3.X forum a few years ago. I'd started with a $9.99 a month shared host, but if I recall correctly I began getting MySQL connection or timeout errors once the forums began to grow. I eventually moved to a dedicated server, but ended up paying a lot of money to a "linux security consultant" to try to help me safeguard the box from what I believe may have ultimately been malware installed via a vBSEO exploit.

Anyhow, at this stage in the game I've got a demanding job, kids, etc., and want to spend the time I do have growing the community I'm starting and not trying to become a sys admin, patch security vulnerabilities, etc.

That said, can anyone suggest a fast, easy, secure hosting solution/provider for XenForo?

Thanks for your help!
    Claudio likes this.
  2. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

There are many hosting companies here on XF community. You can have a look at VelocityIO, Matt or HostBlizzard. We also offer web hosting and have excellent feedback on this community :)
  3. Forumer

Forumer Member

Thank you, Claudio. I'll check them out!
    Claudio likes this.