Securing hosting solution for XenForo before purchase

Forumer

Hello,

I'm going to take the plunge and purchase a XenForo license shortly, and I'd like to get what I need for hosting squared away.

I ran several vBulletin 3.X forum a few years ago. I'd started with a $9.99 a month shared host, but if I recall correctly I began getting MySQL connection or timeout errors once the forums began to grow. I eventually moved to a dedicated server, but ended up paying a lot of money to a "linux security consultant" to try to help me safeguard the box from what I believe may have ultimately been malware installed via a vBSEO exploit.

Anyhow, at this stage in the game I've got a demanding job, kids, etc., and want to spend the time I do have growing the community I'm starting and not trying to become a sys admin, patch security vulnerabilities, etc.

That said, can anyone suggest a fast, easy, secure hosting solution/provider for XenForo?

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

I'm going to take the plunge and purchase a XenForo license shortly, and I'd like to get what I need for hosting squared away.

I ran several vBulletin 3.X forum a few years ago. I'd started with a $9.99 a month shared host, but if I recall correctly I began getting MySQL connection or timeout errors once the forums began to grow. I eventually moved to a dedicated server, but ended up paying a lot of money to a "linux security consultant" to try to help me safeguard the box from what I believe may have ultimately been malware installed via a vBSEO exploit.

Anyhow, at this stage in the game I've got a demanding job, kids, etc., and want to spend the time I do have growing the community I'm starting and not trying to become a sys admin, patch security vulnerabilities, etc.

That said, can anyone suggest a fast, easy, secure hosting solution/provider for XenForo?

Thanks for your help!
There are many hosting companies here on XF community. You can have a look at VelocityIO, Matt or HostBlizzard. We also offer web hosting and have excellent feedback on this community :)

Top Bottom