Secondary usergroups

Cupara

I don't know what is going on but when I setup upgrades to add to a secondary usergroup, those that made purchases cannot see the forums specified for the usergroup that is set as secondary for them.

Am I missing something? Did I forget something?

Thanks

Did you set any never permissions? From your description it should work fine. Might be just that you are testing before the cron is run to upgrade people?

Edit: annnndddd beaten ^

It sounds like a permissions issue, have you double-checked that none of the permissions for the user(s) are set to Never?
Nope, nothing set to Never, only through node permissions I have guests and members set to Never but not licensed usergroup.

Did you set any never permissions? From your description it should work fine. Might be just that you are testing before the cron is run to upgrade people?

Edit: annnndddd beaten ^
Cron has ran, it updated him to the secondary group already.

Back to this issue, waited 2 hours, ran the cron and still the user can't see the forums. I have even used the Test Permissions feature to check things. Any suggestions as to the cause?

Check the permissions of all the user groups the user is a member of.
Check the user specific permissions, if there are any.
Ensure the user isn't banned.

Other than that, it could be a problem related to an add-on.

Permissions are cumulative so that should be fine:

Permission value priority is set in this order: (highest priority first)
  1. Never – this will not grant the permission. This can never be overridden, so should be used sparingly.
  2. Allow – this will grant the permission.
  3. Not Set (No) – this will not grant the permission. This is the lowest priority value; any explicit allow will override this.
Thus, if a user has not set (no) and allow for a permission, the final value will be allow. The Test Permissions system can help confirm that permissions are set correctly.

http://xenforo.com/help/permissions/

If you like I can take a look to see if I can spot anything obvious.

I don't get it, he says his upgrade is complete and he now is fine but when I test his permissions as his account I see no new forums.

Is there a specific cron that runs that I missed or does it take that long for Paypal to report back that the payment is good?

Of course, an add-on can break the user cache rebuild, so if turning off all add-ons and rebuilding the user caches fixes it, that's the culprit.

Top Bottom