• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Secondary Custom Titles (using dates as criteria)

tekboi

I'm really hoping I can find enough information to achieve this on my own. But I don't know where to start looking.

What I want to do is have a 2nd custom user title right above the user's name in the post-bit in which I can set according to certain criteria.

For example:

If a user registered between Jan 1st 2014 and December 31st 2014, I would want the 2nd custom user title to say 'A'

If a user registered between Jan 1st 2015 and December 31st 2016, I would want 2nd custom user title to say 'B'

If there is already something out there that does something similar, please let me know. I have very little time to do any coding, but i'm willing to learn how to do it myself if it involves developement. It doesn't seem like it was take a ton of work to complete, but I don't see how to achieve this using user group promotions and template edits.

DL6

Maybe something like this will work
Code:
<xen:if is="{xen:time $user.register_date, 'Y'} == 2014">A</xen:if>
<xen:if is="{xen:time $user.register_date, 'Y'} >= 2015 AND {xen:time $user.register_date, 'Y'} <= 2016">B</xen:if>

tekboi

Maybe something like this will work
Code:
<xen:if is="{xen:time $user.register_date, 'Y'} == 2014">A</xen:if>
<xen:if is="{xen:time $user.register_date, 'Y'} >= 2015 AND {xen:time $user.register_date, 'Y'} <= 2016">B</xen:if>
Can a parameter for $user.register_date also be YYYYMMDD? I guess I need to read up on some documentation for XF development.

DL6

You can use epoch timestamp to compare the values
https://www.epochconverter.com/
The equivalent of the previous example should be like this
Code:
<xen:if is="{$user.register_date} >= 1388534400 AND {$user.register_date} <= 1420070399">A</xen:if>
<xen:if is="{$user.register_date} >= 1420070400 AND {$user.register_date} <= 1483228799">B</xen:if>