Fixed Searching hidden nodes

RichardKYA

Not 100% sure if this a bug, but it seems like one...

Nodes that belong to a "hidden" category (Display in node list unchecked), still appear in the "search in forums" list on the search page. The category does not display, but all child nodes do.

It's not a bug. These nodes aren't hidden, they are just not displayed in the node list.

If you want nodes to be 'hidden' from users, set the node permissions accordingly.

I would argue that if they are not displayed in the node list, then they are hidden, because I am not talking about private nodes, just hidden ones, which not displaying them in node list does, but I guess that just semantics.

My point is though, that if the parent category has "Display in node list" unchecked and does not display in the search list, then all child nodes should not be displayed in the search list either, the same way that all the child nodes are not actually displayed in the node list on the forum_list page, it seems inconsistent to me

Just to be clear, this was specific to "visible" nodes that were children of non-visible nodes. They basically appeared despite being "orphans" in the tree.

As such, I have fixed this now. Thanks. :)

Top Bottom