1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Searching for Discouraged Members

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Dodgeboard, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

I know I have placed a few members in the discouraged (group). But for the life of me I cannot find the ones I've placed in there. With "Misirable Users", it was a group, so you could easily display those members that were in that group. How can I do this with XF? I see how to do it with discouraged IP's but not discouraged members. Was this an oversight in the software?

Shouldn't "discouraged" be a selectable criteria in the "Search for members" page?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Probably should be.

You can run this query on your database to generate a list of discouraged users:

Code:
    SELECT u.user_id, u.username
    FROM xf_user_option AS uo
    LEFT JOIN xf_user AS u ON (u.user_id = uo.user_id)
    WHERE uo.is_discouraged = 1;

The discouraged flag is xf_user_option.is_discouraged in the database.

Kevin, vigorousmedia and Dodgeboard like this.
  3. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

Thanks Jake. Hope that's in 1.1 :)

4. Floris

Floris Guest

A "user" is a user in xenforo.
    A user status can be banned, discouraged, active, inactive, or part of a usergroup.

"discouraged" isn't a usergroup.

But I agree, you can browse discouraged IP addresses, but not users. It would be nice if 1.1 would facilitate that.

Darkimmortal, Lost and Dodgeboard like this.
  5. Floris

Floris Guest

6. ProCom

ProCom Active Member

I just discovered there's no way to list / find all discouraged users. Would love to see this added!