Searching for a new Host.

Peggy

And I was having such a good day! :)

I received an email from my host a little while ago, saying that the company is dropping the hosting service and moving into other areas of the internet. I can appreciate that, really. He initially said that I needed to find other hosting by the 24th of this month. But when I reminded him that I don't get my check til the first of the month, he did say that he will host me through the first week of June.

I'm not upset, really I'm not. It's just very bad timing! A brand new site, which is just beginning to grow, and I'm going to have to move to a new host, go through that 24 hr propagation crap, and.... well you know what it's like.

I had a very sweet deal with this host, I must admit. I shared a server with one other person, for probably about the same price as a low-end VPS.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... I'm looking for a new host, a VPS, and at a price that I can afford.

o_O

I am sure any host would be glad to accommodate your needs since you have some small sites. When they grow you can grow

I've used Site5 for years and they've been really fantastic. Their management is always very responsive, and they have plans from really basic single site stuff to full on dedicated servers (I'm not sure what specifics you'd like). The only downside, their customer forum still uses vb 3 :p.

I second Site5. Been using them for years and no issues whatsoever. The prices are fair and the uptime is very good. I also pay for far more space than I'll ever need, so I might even consider paying for the next plan down, which gives me a little less space, but still plenty for my needs.

Sounds like a good deal, Peggy. I was going to suggest Linode.com, they are the best VPS provider on the internet.

They must be good, they use Xen..... ;)

Jeff

How things change.....

The person who I was sharing this server with at my current host, contacted me about sharing a Hybrid server with him at WiredTree.
They have a special going now at a price I can afford, so it looks like my plans have changed and rather than sharing a server 4 ways with Liz, I'll be sharing a Hybrid with Arny, just the 2 of us, with plenty of room to grow.

I'm happy. :D

I use Corporate Pride Hosting. They offer practically unmetered space for 7 bucks a month. They never have downtime and the support is ace. Have been using them for about 3 years now and they have done nothing but good things for me. If you are looking for an ace host, these are the guys. It's not a VPS, but it's still great on space.

Top Bottom