XF 1.4 Searches do not contain page node results

Rob

I read about a feature improvement in xenforo a few releases back that gave the search feature the ability to search page node content. I am running the latest version so I assume I should have this functionality already.

I've set up a node called testnode, url slug of testnode... within the node content I have several mentions of the term testnode. Searching for the term does not bring up the page node in the results.

Can somebody please explain why this is happening and if there are any settings anywhere that I am overlooking? I have rebuilt the search cache for page types but no difference.

Ideas?

Does it bring up any results? If so, it's possible that it's further down the list (especially if date ordered).

Otherwise, what's the specific content/title of the page?

Are you searching via the [Search Everything] tab, or the [Search Threads and Posts] tab?

I just searched for 'arbitrary redirects' which is on the example page on this site and it fetched it OK.

upload_2015-1-16_14-30-55.webp

Yes, I've tried via the search everything tab.... no result. The page was published early 2012 so I guess it could be counted as old..... however the page gets regular updates. I can confirm the term I am searching for does appear in the title and the page content

If you create a new page can you reproduce it with that content?

I couldn't see the page on your site (and I don't think I could actually search anyway), but being able to reproduce the issue would be useful.

Ok.... I think I might know why.... does it matter that the page is not listed in the node tree?
It's accessible if the URL is known though. Would this prevent indexing? If so, I believe there should be a per page option to index it regardless of node visibility.

Are you able to link to the page node and also post the search term you are using?

It may be of relevance if you are using Enhance Search, due to the default tokenizing.

Top Bottom