Implemented "Search this thread"

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I have seen threads with thousands of posts, searching within a thread seems like a vital function to me.
That was exactly my motive combined with the fact that on a support forum there's a good chance you already know which thread has the info you need.

I think it'd be a lot easier to create filters on the current search function. If you know what forum it's in you can search the forum and it'll search entire posts automatically. You can then use this new filter to filter the thread title and it'll take you to your post!

A search this thread function could be cool.. but if it's going to take up resources I'd rather live without it! :P

If you know what forum it's in you can search the forum and it'll search entire posts automatically. You can then use this new filter to filter the thread title and it'll take you to your post!
Nah... I imagine people would use the general search to find a thread about something they want to know about. Then they need to find details in that thread. It doesn't make sense to force them up in hierarchy if they already have the correct thread in front of them.

Since "Search this forum" is now implemented, I think it would be good to add also "Search this thread" for consistency. Moreover, I personally use search in a thread often and search in a forum close to never.

I hope this is not a dupe. :)

why not? :p

Supported. I always loved this in vBulletin.

(quoting myself here... do I get an alert now!? Ha! :D)

Anyway, I definitely need a search function that let's me search for all postings I, myself made in a thread. So, when there would be a Search This Thread function in XenForo, that would make it possible.

Top Bottom