Search This Thread by 2DMods [Deleted]

Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes submitted a new resource:

Search This Thread by 2DMods (version 2.0) - Drop down menu so users can search in a thread.

NOTE: Matthew2D is the author of this add-on, not me. He asked me to share it on here so people can still use it.

Search This Thread adds a drop down menu on a thread so the user can search that thread. It also allows users to find only their posts in a thread.

Features:
  • Option to take you to advance search
  • Find my Post (Find all your posts in a thread)

Read more about this resource...

I don't really understand the reason for having this outside the quick search, when this creates another query no doubt, when the moment you click into the quick search in a thread, its already an option to search that thread.

I don't really understand the reason for having this outside the quick search, when this creates another query no doubt, when the moment you click into the quick search in a thread, its already an option to search that thread.
As I was the 1st person to convert this template edit into a TMS (which is why I was upset when he tried to release my TMS as a paid add-on) ..... I can confirm that that the original does not add any query (it's only a template edit).

I can not however say on this version (which seems to have added some options).

As I was the 1st person to convert this template edit into a TMS (which is why I was upset when he tried to release my TMS as a paid add-on) ..... I can confirm that that the original does not add any query (it's only a template edit).

I can not however say on this version (which seems to have added some options).

No you weren't the first person to turn it into a TMS addon...

This is a really useful mod if you replace your search with Google site search (necessary if you are using a different piece of software alongside XF and want a combined search for example). The search thread functionality can be retained.

Works well. Thanks for a nice mod.

Top Bottom