1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Search Results

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by qpa, Sep 21, 2011.

1. qpa

qpa Member

2. ragtek

ragtek Guest

3. qpa

qpa Member

Yeah, because of your post/idea I tried it ;)

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The search is just returning all posts in chronological order as the search term isn't being used:

The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: ,

I've mentioned to Mike and Kier what seems to be a different issue with the actual search term [Duplicate] not being included in the error text.

5. qpa

qpa Member

Ah ok thanks,
    but I have 2 suggestions:
    - make the error more "visible"
    - Why display results, if the search string is invalid?

6. ragtek

ragtek Guest

It isn't invalid!

Several words won't be included for the search ( mysql stop words)

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The SQL stop words actually produce a different error.

The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common.

ragtek likes this.
  8. qpa

qpa Member

I don't understand what you two are saying.

There are three issues:
    - the string [Duplicate] ist not displayed in the error message
    - the string [Duplicate] is ignored, because ??? (mysql index or something inside xenforo)
    - the search page displays results (all threads) when there's a single invalid
    string ("[Duplicate]" at least)

I mean "invalid" for the search engine: mysql/xenforo/php/sphinx/..., no matter if this is because of syntax rules, content rules, length rules or a bug.

9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've fixed this now. The [ and ] are split characters in MySQL, so it was interpreting the query as having "duplicate" being optional. I adjusted our analysis code to take this into account.

qpa, ibnesayeed and ragtek like this.