Search Results with GSE

Search Results with GSE 1.0.2

No permission to download
it works with XF2 alerts (New Post, likes, quote and etc)

Great wait for this release. Also why not use your folder for your all add-on files in same folder src\addons\Developername\GoogleSearch and all add-on folder in this folder use for your all add-on.

One more improvement development request. Why used twice option for same functionality? So now we need change text for each option change. When we choice First Search Tab Engine is Google Search then do automatically Default Search in 2nd Tab and no need option for this.

Example:

1519554609752.webp

Great wait for this release. Also why not use your folder for your all add-on files in same folder src\addons\Developername\GoogleSearch and all add-on folder in this folder use for your all add-on.

Thanks @Nirjonadda ,
I will use it for new add-ons. ( I don't like use tag advertising :) )

One more improvement development request. Why used twice option for same functionality? So now we need change text for each option change. When we choice First Search Tab Engine is Google Search then do automatically Default Search in 2nd Tab and no need option for this.

That's right,
We can easily revise it and it's just first release but if we get more suggestions we can develop it with together.

@Ovunc Dinc Found something that kind of seemed strange.
If you have this add-on enabled, and click on a member to see the membercard and the click on messages, you will be presented a page with the google search, but nothing shows.

If you have default disabled, you will not ever see the messages of that user. You have to go in via profile, which is too long a process.

So basically, can we somewhat make it so that when we click on messages on the membercard, it goes directly to default search?

@Ovunc Dinc Found something that kind of seemed strange.
If you have this add-on enabled, and click on a member to see the membercard and the click on messages, you will be presented a page with the google search, but nothing shows.

If you have default disabled, you will not ever see the messages of that user. You have to go in via profile, which is too long a process.

So basically, can we somewhat make it so that when we click on messages on the membercard, it goes directly to default search?
I experienced the same thing

Not a bug per se, but quite difficult to understand at first.

When you do a search, and have the google results as the first tab, and get lots of results back, the page divider is like this at the bottom:
1524335484289.webp

Where the top numbers are actually pages in the google result, but the ones at the bottom are default search.
Guess where 99% of us click for the next page? ;)

@Ovunc Dinc Thank you for this great addon! Just what I needed.

One thing I want to suggest is to force Google search even if there is no results (or they can't be performed) in internal search system. For now it just shows "No results" page.

Why is it important? For example, users can search words that are lower than MySQL minimum search length (which is 4 by default). So your addon will be kind of an alternative way for those who don't want to switch to VPN which is expensive and requires Linux knowledge.

You can put "No results" text to internal search tab. And Google will display no results (which is very unlikely to happen) in its own tab. Everyone will be happy :)

Can I expect this to be added?

If so mind that searching directly from /search/ page will give an AJAX flash message on that top saying there was no results found so I guess this behaviour must be overriten somehow...

Last edited:
@CMTV ,
Thanks for nice comment and suggestions.
I agree with you, that this recommendation should be added maybe I will upgrade it this weekend.

Actually, when I created this add-on, I built it on a simple logic but it is developed by the recommendation of users, and I need to do the right planning for users/friends.

I would like to add, new options,
Like this one, (navbar search or both of.)

1524675069531.webp

Take care of yourself.

Hello,

thanks for this add on.

it is possible for member to choose witch one Tab they want to see first ( CSE or Xenforo one ) ?

Top Bottom