XF 1.5 Search Index

Hi
I would appreciate a little help I got an email from my host provider telling me that my database exceeds their 1GB allowance, the forum is small enough but on inspecting the xf_Search its currently at 963MB i did empty it in mysql and then rebuilt and deleted it using cron but as soon as I do that it goes back up to 963mb this seems to have happened overnight as everything was fine, just to add im a novice so go easy please.

any help would be appreciated

The default search index includes content from posts, profile posts, and media and resources if you have those add-ons.

Typically the search index size is similar to the posts table size.

Do you have any third party add-ons which also add to the search index?

The default search index includes content from posts, profile posts, and media and resources if you have those add-ons.

Typically the search index size is similar to the posts table size.

Do you have any third party add-ons which also add to the search index?

Wow Brogan your a long time here :) Ive been using xenforo from its first release and remember chatting before ...thanks for your reply.

Our post table size is around 600mb as I said we have upgraded quite a bit in xenforo versions over the years and I would like to upgrade to the latest version but most of my members are older and dont like change in fact I think if I upgraded a lot of them would have a heart attack...

the only add- ons we have are
nodes as tabs 1.1.2c
post message regex replacer 1.0.0
xen moods 1.1.3
[8wayrun.com]xenutiles (tools) 1.1.5

thanks again

So the size is similar and with other content added then it sounds about right.

The only options you have are to disable search (and empty the table), switch to Enhanced Search (which likely isn't possible as most shared hosting doesn't support it), or move to a different hosting package/host.

Cheers thanks for that, I disabled search (loads of complaints) and also changed how guests access the forum, I was thinking bots might be pressure to the search...Good to know that if the post table is around the same size as search table then its normal...

Could I ask if I turned of search then emptied the XF_Search table but then ran the crone to rebuild I assume that would fill the XF_Search table back up again just checking I am not missing something.

Top Bottom