1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search index table has crashed. Not able to post.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by -GR-, Dec 7, 2010.

1. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

I had a member email me this morning saying that he wasn't able to post. He is one that tends to have trouble with some things so I went on to check and sure enough it is doing it to me too.

When you type your message in the quick reply and click reply nothing happens except for a clear message box with the x to close it.

I checked the admincp and there are 10 of these errors:
    Code:
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table './opt_opt/xf_search_index' is marked as crashed and should be repaired - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
    Generated By: -GR-, 5 minutes ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/opt/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('????REPLACE DEL...')
    #1 /home/opt/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '????REPLACE DEL...')
    #2 /home/opt/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(467): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('????REPLACE DEL...')
    #3 /home/opt/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php(62): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('????REPLACE DEL...', Array)
    #4 /home/opt/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Search/Indexer.php(44): XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->insertIntoIndex('post', '2119', '', 'testing', 1291721211, 2, 107, Array)
    #5 /home/opt/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Post.php(47): XenForo_Search_Indexer->insertIntoIndex('post', '2119', '', 'testing', 1291721211, 2, 107, Array)
    #6 /home/opt/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php(227): XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Post->_insertIntoIndex(Object(XenForo_Search_Indexer), Array, Array)
    #7 /home/opt/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(660): XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract->insertIntoIndex(Object(XenForo_Search_Indexer), Array, Array)
    #8 /home/opt/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(639): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_insertOrUpdateSearchIndex()
    #9 /home/opt/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(495): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_indexForSearch()
    #10 /home/opt/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1295): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave()
    #11 /home/opt/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(489): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
    #12 /home/opt/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(303): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
    #13 /home/opt/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #14 /home/opt/public_html/forum/index.php(15): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #15 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(72) "http://domain.com/forum/threads/spam-test-post-4.107/add-reply"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(7) {
        ["message_html"] => string(33) "<p>testing<br _mce_bogus="1"></p>"
        ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(63) "http://domain.com/forum/threads/spam-test-post-4.107/"
        ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "9bfc33ec001f838d5d69a29e0d794b63"
        ["last_date"] => string(10) "1289477136"
        ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "2,1291721204,653444e63bd2cc241a82ea147a78e78c605ac416"
        ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
      }
    }

Anyone have any recommendations on the best way to repair the table is? Also maybe why this error would have happened? I have no mods on the site other then the wordpress bridge and I don't think that would affect it.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you have access to cPanel?
    You can click on MySQL Databases and there is an option to repair the table.

Ensure you take a backup first just in case.

-GR- likes this.
  3. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

I got the table repaired and can post on the forum again but I would like to figure out why the table got corrupted in the first place. Could it just have been a fluke?

I did have a too many connections error on Nov 8th but other then that I haven't had any trouble.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

A table crash is usually related to server issues at the time the table is being written to.

Are you on a shared server, VPS?

5. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

I am on VPS.

Last night I did the switch to the tables on my main site which is currently on vb4 to InnoDB tables and I also adjusted the my.cnf to allow min 3 letter searches rather then the default of 4 due to some complaints of not being able to search for terms like 800. So with that change I restarted mysql so maybe that might have been the cause? I am pretty sure though that there were some posts made on the xf site last night after I had restarted mysql. I will keep an eye on it. Hopefully I don't run in to any other problems.

The XF site was just submitted to the search engines, I figured I might as well get it submitted since it will be a month or two till it really gets indexed. I would really like to get my main site switched to XF but there are a lot of variables and mods that need to come in to play first before I can make that switch.

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This would've helped in the beginning - this is exactly what caused it. The MySQL docs state that all of your full-text indexes need to be rebuilt after a change to the minimum word length, or you get this situation. :)

-GR- likes this.
  7. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

Thank you for the confirmation Mike. I didn't even think about rebuilding the indexes other then the vb index not thinking it was going to affect the other sites. I have some reindexing to do :D