XF 1.1 Search Improvements and UI Tweaks in XenForo 1.1

The search system for XenForo 1.1 has had some attention, and now includes the ability to include members in search results, adds profile posts to the search index and allows more control over where to search, including one constraint that has been (extremely) frequently requested ever since we first developed the search system.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wondering if it would be possible to add an "older than" option (just to the advanced search page) ... I have had need in the past to track down old posts and if the search term is common enough, usually they are buried so far back in the results that you effectively can't find them.

It might also be useful to be able to order by "oldest" as well.

I assume there is a maximum number of search results returned - as such, it becomes effectively impossible to search for relatively frequent terms from posts older than a certain date, since there is currently no way of limiting the search results to posts sufficiently old to actually include them in the results.

Amazing example of xenforo being a innovative solution not only in code but also in UI... Moving everything to a single unified area makes it much more understandable and I love it !

Yes, the entire search system is open, so add-ons can add their own content types to the search system in the same way as we added profile posts.
Nice !!!!!!
only "what's new" is limited to threads:(
Kier: could this be considered for improving ?
[What's new?] is so important. Really it is more important to have non-forum data in [What's new?] than the search queries.

How easy will it be for 3rd party apps to include there own fields into the navbar search form?

(e.g=> i'm on a xf page and want to include "search only the comments from this page" into the searchform?

is it done via "xen:set" ?

[What's new?] is so important. Really it is more important to have non-forum data in [What's new?] than the search queries.
The 'What's New' you see is located under the forum section of the navigation. It shows new forum content only by design.

How easy will it be for 3rd party apps to include there own fields into the navbar search form?

(e.g=> i'm on a xf page and want to include "search only the comments from this page" into the searchform?

is it done via "xen:set" ?
Kinda...
HTML:
<xen:container var="$searchBar.mySearchConstraint">
	<label><input type="checkbox" ... />...</label>
</xen:container>

The 'What's New' you see is located under the forum section of the navigation. It shows new forum content only by design.
I see the logic in the design.
What I wanted to discuss was the benefit the Xenforo Customers and the hard working Addon makers would get from being able to get their non-forum content in [What's New?].

Top Bottom