XF 2.2 Search forums - Maximum results setting

MichaelR

So by default on the "Maximum results" setting there is 200. You can change it to your likings.
My question is, if the performance will be bad when i set this to 200k or if there are any other negatives we need to consider.
I see opportunities for search forums but what i do not want is bad performance. I cant find anything on the forum regarding this so i hope to get a answer.

There are definitely performance trade-offs with adjusting the number of maximum results or the cache period. I believe the highest you can set the maximum results out of the box is 1000. While the cache should alleviate things, building the cache when it's expired or unavailable can be slow with a large number of results, particularly with complex search criteria. With that said, we generally do the least performant part of this in the background.

There are definitely performance trade-offs with adjusting the number of maximum results or the cache period. I believe the highest you can set the maximum results out of the box is 1000. While the cache should alleviate things, building the cache when it's expired or unavailable can be slow with a large number of results, particularly with complex search criteria. With that said, we generally do the least performant part of this in the background.
I see that the max is indeed 1k. For me this is to low and i am willing to try a higher number. How can i change this to a much higher max number?

Top Bottom