Implemented Search forum thread starter

Adam Howard

Right now there is an option to search this forum or any forum for post made by X member (@Brogan for example). For member like Brogan, this will bring up hundreds or thousands of post.

There is no way within the search to just find threads started by someone. So right now I would have to weed through quite a lot.

I think it would be nice to be able to narrow such searches. :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is from one of my template mods. I actually don't know how to find an individual user, but I bet you can figure it out. :)

Code:
<a href="{xen:link search/search, '', 'type=post', 'thread_id={$thread.thread_id}', 'users={$visitor.username}'}">test</a>

It's on the profile page, under the Postings tab:

upload_2013-8-20_9-2-42.webp

Also, as pointed out above, the main search page allows for searches for threads started by a member within a forum.

Maybe there could be a radio button in quick search to the effect of, "Posted/Started by member" where we now have just "Posted by member."

View attachment 54664

Also, as pointed out above, the main search page allows for searches for threads started by a member within a forum.
This of course assuming you can view X person's profile.

And most people don't check the advance page or at least don't think to check it for something so small & simple as this.

Would still like to see that little box in the quick search.

This is from one of my template mods. I actually don't know how to find an individual user, but I bet you can figure it out. :)

Code:
<a href="{xen:link search/search, '', 'type=post', 'thread_id={$thread.thread_id}', 'users={$visitor.username}'}">test</a>
When I have the time .... I'll review the code and likely add this as some sort of template add-on for others to apply... ie... add the check box into the quick search.

View attachment 54664

I must be blind, I don't see the option on the main search page to limit the search to only see threads started by a member in a particular forum. I see the "posted by member" field, but that doesn't limit it to thread starter. I see the "display as threads" check box but that doesn't do it either. Can someone point out exactly how a user would perform a search in a specific forum and find only threads started by a specific member? Example - show me all threads in X forum started by Member Z.

Top Bottom