Resource icon

Search Filter - Exclude Forums [Paid] 1.0

No permission to buy ($9.99)

Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood submitted a new resource:

[XenMods] Search Filter - Exclude Forums - Make a portion of your site not appear within the search index

Do you have a node (or more) on your site that you would like to avoid being indexed? This is the add on for you. This add on allows you to (un)check a box that will make it so the threads and posts from within are not indexed and cannot be searched (using the XenForo search functionality, search engines may still have access to your content based on other settings).

When you change your settings, old content will not be removed from the index until you force the index to be rebuilt. You can...

Read more about this resource...

I don't know that it works with elastic search. I would think so because of how it works but I don't have access to an install with elastic search installed and I don't have a server to install it on. If you or anyone else is interested to test and maybe let me adjust anything needed on their server/install, I'd be more than happy to.

Just purchased. Uploaded files. Go to install get this error.

Callback XenMods_SearchFilter_ExcludeForum_Listener_Controller::Forum is invalid (Invalid Class).

Suggestions?

Just purchased. Uploaded files. Go to install get this error.

Callback XenMods_SearchFilter_ExcludeForum_Listener_Controller::Forum is invalid (Invalid Class).

Suggestions?
Just so nobody thinks I'm ignoring him, I've been working on this with him in private.

Was hoping this would also allow page nodes to be excluded, but it didn't :(
I'm probably going to include that in the future either as another add on or I'll widen this add on to be more than just filtering forum nodes.

Confirmed. Daniel has been very supportive so far. Even though the issue has not been fixed. He's been hard at work trying to find a resolution. Great support from an awesome developer.

Issue resolved. Daniel stuck with it until it was fixed. Very nice!

@Daniel Hood was this an isolated issue or is this a global issue that needs a new version to fix the problem? I'm interested in buying this add-on but first I'd like to know if it will work with 1.4.1

By the way did you managed to test if this works when using the Enhanced Search add-on? I use the ES so I want to be sure that your add-on is compatible.

Btw here is another idea so you can extend the scope of this add-on: make deleted content (threads and posts) searchable. Currently XenForo prevents deleted content from being searchable. If you have some free time and can include this feature *this week* I'll buy this add-on right now and also send you a donation for including this feature. Please let me know here or start a conversation with me. Thanks!

I can't comment on if the issue was global or not. Might have been due to this was a port over from vBulletin. I will say that it was 2 simple sql queries that needed to be run and issue was resolved and works perfectly.

I CAN confirm however that it works with elasticsearch (XF Enhanced Search) as I'm running that as well. Have no conflicts after product was installed.

Worth the purchase regardless of any features he might or might not add.

Cost vs Value = Most certainly.

Much needed functionality.

Last edited:
@Daniel Hood was this an isolated issue or is this a global issue that needs a new version to fix the problem? I'm interested in buying this add-on but first I'd like to know if it will work with 1.4.1
I do need to modify the installation script. There was a minor issue and I haven't released the patch.

By the way did you managed to test if this works when using the Enhanced Search add-on? I use the ES so I want to be sure that your add-on is compatible.
It does work with ES as @SilentGround said. :)

Btw here is another idea so you can extend the scope of this add-on: make deleted content (threads and posts) searchable. Currently XenForo prevents deleted content from being searchable. If you have some free time and can include this feature *this week* I'll buy this add-on right now and also send you a donation for including this feature. Please let me know here or start a conversation with me. Thanks!
I appreciate the suggestion. It's a little out of the scope of the add on (excluding certain content vs adding additional content). I have been thinking about widening this add on to be a 'Search Enhancements' type thing instead but I just don't have the time currently and I can make absolutely no garuantees that it'll happen this week (it's actually very very very unlikely). I do appreciate your interest. I will be releasing the patch soon hopefully for the installation part and I recommend purchasing it for it's current feature set or not purchasing it at all as I don't know when more features will be added.

@SilentGround thank you very much for confirming that this works fine with the ES add-on! (y)

@Daniel Hood thanks for the confirmation regarding a bugfix release coming soon. I'll wait for it to be released and then buy this add-on because as @SilentGround said it is worth the money.

I also like your idea of renaming this add-on (in the future) to something like "Search Enhancements" and include my feature suggestion then: to be able to search deleted threads and posts.

Thanks!

This add on was created before syndol left. I get why you're unhappy but damn man ask for a refund instead of being a child. It's $10. You act like you gave me your house. My comment on your review says everything I need to say to you.

This add on was created before syndol left. I get why you're unhappy but damn man ask for a refund instead of being a child. It's $10. You act like you gave me your house. My comment on your review says everything I need to say to you.

Hi, Syndol, is this add-on working well ?

What bug is @Super120 talking about ?

One request: Could you make this add-on as a node based ?
So that I can set no search result from node 3 & 4 while I'm searching in node 1 & 2 and vice versa.

Top Bottom