Resource icon

Search Filter - Exclude Forums [Paid] 1.0

No permission to buy ($9.99)
I don't really understand what you were expecting. Can you explain farther? I don't want the description to be misleading.

I don't really understand what you were expecting. Can you explain farther? I don't want the description to be misleading.

Personally was hoping for an easy way to exclude certain forums when searching. For myself, I needed it to filter out specific threads from a moderator perspective without having to manually do this in the DB. I now get that isn't possible as it's already cached. I thought this mod removed that cached instantly.

I'd gladly pay for a [XenMods] Search Filter - Exclude Forums - Premium if you could offer this.

I get what you were expecting. I don't mind refunding you the $9.99. I'd rather do that then have a customer feel disappointed after a purchase.

As far as what you're actually wanting. It's rather tricky due to how XenForo searches the nodes. It's easy to tell it to "search only these nodes" but there's not a good way to say "search for content that doesn't match these nodes". In order to achieve it actually, I'd have to work in reverse. I'd have to get the nodes you want to exclude, get all the nodes available, and then remove those ones and tell it to search in the remaining ones. It's not typically the type of process I'd like to use so I don't know about making this for you. Also, modifying the search criteria isn't the easiest if I recall (it's been a while since I bothered looking though). If it's something you really want and are content with a kind of rigged solution, I could do it for you but I doubt I'd be comfortable releasing it to a wider audience.

Wouldn't be worth your time and investment.

Well I could use your conversation essentials upgrade + another mod of yours with that money. Maybe just a gift code on your site so you don't lose anything would be suitable. Anyway I'm not upset with you or anything just was kinda bummed out when this didn't work the way we wanted. Shame.

Thank you.

You do an excellent job following up and assisting others versus most other xF developers who tend to just vanish.

Thank you.

You do an excellent job following up and assisting others versus most other xF developers who tend to just vanish.
I believe that customer relations are the most important aspect of any business. I might make my living by programming but I'm a businessman first. I know that I'm not perfect; sometimes I forget about issues, and sometimes I take longer than I plan to fix issues but I feel I do my best. I do however value clients and I'd rather keep someone happy than have a few dollars and them think they got jipped. I value long term relationships over short term gains. I feel like more people in the world should operate that way.

/rant. Thank you for the compliment.

If you add the possibility to search nodes, I will purchase this directly.

This is something that everyone who uses page nodes for articles would love.

We're not receiving alerts/notifications from forums that have been excluded.

Is this by design, or something that is unavoidable? Or is it only affecting us? (could always be a third party add-on, of course).

@DroidOne this add-on doesn't touch the code-paths which trigger alerts, and should not be doing it unless it is interacting with another add-on poorly.

Can you reproduce it with this add-on disabled?

Top Bottom