Fixed  Search doesn't find the word, but doesn't display 'No results found'

Grover

Hi,

When I,
  • Go to Search... - dropdown,
  • Put in the word: will,
  • and Posted by Member: Grover
  • Click [Find Now]...
Xenforo gives me a result overview of 10 pages... but the word 'will' is never used in 99% of those postings.

Hi,

When I,
  • Go to Search... - dropdown,
  • Put in the word: will,
  • and Posted by Member: Grover
  • Click [Find Now]...
Xenforo gives me a result overview of 10 pages... but the word 'will' is never used in any of those postings.
Maybe Will is a common word and the search removes it from the query only leaving the member name as the parameter so it returns all posts from the db posted by you?

Maybe Will is a common word and the search removes it from the query only leaving the member name as the parameter so it returns all posts from the db posted by you?

Could be yeah, but then XF needs to give feedback to me as the enduser that it did that.

You see, change the word 'will' to 'and' in the above example and XF gives me this feedback:

XenForo Community - Error

The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common

...which is the error message one would expect.

just doing the search as you described, it actually shows a couple results with the word "will" from Grover. The word "will" is printed in bold letters.

Please try to search again.

just doing the search as you described, it actually shows a couple results with the word "will" from Grover. The word "will" is printed in bold letters.

Just try to search again.

Yeah, I know. I stated the first posting slightly to black&white when I said: 'but the word 'will' is never used in any of those postings'. I have changed it now.

I've had the same experience with the word:
example

Searching the entire forums for example returns nothing.
However, searching subforums for example works.

Top Bottom