XF 1.5 Search doesn't always work first time.

RobinHood

I often find on a couple of my forums I'll search for a word, some or none results will come up.

I search for the exact same term again and I'll get lost more results, the ones I was expecting.

Does anyone know why this may be and how I can fix it so it works reliable first time every time?

Can you reproduce it here?

The search bar at the top right of pages is contextual, so it may be that the first search is within a specific forum and the subsequent search is site wide.

I have this issue also, using the enhanced elastic search, often the first search of a keyword returns no results, but trying again straight away gives what I'd expected. Is there any logging of the search requests that I can check?

Can you reproduce it here?

The search bar at the top right of pages is contextual, so it may be that the first search is within a specific forum and the subsequent search is site wide.

That may actually be it. I've not encountered it recently, it looks like the default has been changed for XF2 to search everywhere. So hopefully that'll help with people who don't read all the search options when performing a quick search like me sometimes...

I have this issue also, using the enhanced elastic search, often the first search of a keyword returns no results, but trying again straight away gives what I'd expected. Is there any logging of the search requests that I can check?

You could try this

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/search-log.2539/

Top Bottom