1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Search and flag pre-existing spammers

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Mr Lucky, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Say I have some members from before I used xenforo and it's excellent spam screening process, can I do a Admin CP search for users who meet any of the criteria for flagging based on SFS name, IP and email?

I can't see this in advanced search.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Most of the spam criteria (SFS) applies to registration.

However, if you have spam phrases and Askismet set up then any existing members will trigger those.

3. Mr Lucky

I have Aksimet set up, at least I think so - I have eneterd my key is that what you mean?

What are spam phrases please?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Mr Lucky

How do they trigger them, do i need to run something to make the trigger happen? Or do you mean only when they post will those be triggered?

What I want really is to search/scan the existing membership for known spammers.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Askimet, if configured, is automatically run as they post.

SFS and the other spam measures are run automatically when a user registers.

7. Mr Lucky

So neither will do anything about sleeping spammers, ah well let's hope askimet catches them or one of my very observant mods.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Askimet will, yes. It works as the post.

The registration systems will not, no.