1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search all threads with a particular prefix

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by AndreaDB, Aug 20, 2014.

1. AndreaDB

AndreaDB Member

Is possible to search all threads with a particular prefix?
    Thanks

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Yes.

3. AndreaDB

AndreaDB Member

I mean without having to enter the keyword.
    All the threads in all the forums that have a particular prefix.

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Well you didn't say that. ;)

You can filter the threads in a particular forum by clicking on the prefix shown next to a thread title. This will then show only those threads in that forum with that prefix.

From what I can tell, it's not possible to search all forums for a threads with a prefix without using a keyword.

5. AndreaDB

AndreaDB Member

In vBulletin the link search.php?do=process&nocache=1&prefixchoice[]=PREFIXNAME search all forums for a threads with the prefix "PREFIXNAME" without using a keyword

Do you have any idea how I can implement something like this on xenForo?

Anyway, I think this is a basic function of research, it is strange that there is no on xenForo.

6. AndreaDB

AndreaDB Member

It is not possible to do this?
    Thanks

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Not by default. A prefix isn't considered a significant enough limit so there are potential performance issues (particularly with the default search). That said, in some cases (likely only with Enhanced Search), if you enter "*" in the keyword you can bypass some limits.

8. AndreaDB

AndreaDB Member

9. Mike

Those are the search results. The actual search URL needs to be built using information from the initial search form.

If you have a license, you should associate your account with your license and post in the support forum for more detail.

10. AndreaDB

AndreaDB Member

I haven't a license. I just want to understand how search works on the direct search URL.

11. Mike

AndreaDB likes this.
  12. AndreaDB

AndreaDB Member

Mike likes this.