Screwfix forums migrated to Xenforo

Those avatars... It's distracting with so many "?" on the front page.

Looks like about 138,00o threads / ~1.27m posts? / ~102k members.

Looks like an interesting site though, bookmarked.

Glad to see they moved at last, spent quite a while answering questions they had over a good few weeks. wonder who they used for the import, it wasnt an easy one, and I did refer them to Jake, but don't think he did it..

Something not well known, certainly.

They were using JiveSBS previously, IIRC.

Looks like they decided not to bother importing the user avatars!

upload_2013-10-17_16-54-22.webp

forums look bad on 1024x768
I'd lose the Latest post so you can see the entire forum title, IMO.

on Latest chrome.

I would like to have my forums in the three column like they have. Could anyone show me were to look for this in add ons?

Hi

Thank you for your comments about our newly revamped forum.

Yes we were using Jive before we moved to Xenforo. Unfortunately, we were unable to export passwords and avatars out of the Jive database.

We have kept the same look to the forum, to keep the forum familiar to our current users. We are planning to make gradual changes to our community so if you have any feedback it would be very welcome.

Peter

Welcome to the community BeingB and welcome to XenForo :)

It's a shame the avatars couldn't come across but I'm sure your users will rectify that quickly enough!

Avatar loss isn't too bad, I mean, you could setup a copy of the old site to let people retrieve their avatars.

Whenever I see a community subdomain, I think of Lithium ;) (lithium is SaaS and so uses a cname).

Nice to see XenForo being used :)

Although, the style is a bit iffy on my phone...

Hi

Thank you for your comments about our newly revamped forum.

Yes we were using Jive before we moved to Xenforo. Unfortunately, we were unable to export passwords and avatars out of the Jive database.

We have kept the same look to the forum, to keep the forum familiar to our current users. We are planning to make gradual changes to our community so if you have any feedback it would be very welcome.

Peter

A manual import of passwords may be possible using something similar to this:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/smf-to-xenforo.53887/page-3#post-643161

Shoot me a PM if you would like me to take a look.

Hi

Jive used a very irregular DB so passwords were not able to be imported.

However the password issue has increased activity on the forum as the Screwfix Community has been around for 10 years many users have forgot they registered. So with the password reset emails we have sent it has reengaged many of the DIY users who asked a few questions on a project a few years ago have come back asking more on their current project.

A very simple process all done by Tim at Nimbus.

Peter

Top Bottom