1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Screenshots show double size

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Mr Lucky, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Maybe this is something to do with retina display, my screenshots show double size in xenforo posts:

Screen Shot 2015-12-23 at 15.24.16.png

Does anyone know why this is happening?
  2. Freelancer

Freelancer Well-Known Member

3. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

BTW I notice that screenshots also open double size in photoshop (but not in preview)

Do you happen to know how to fix this?
  4. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

To "fix" that, you can use http://www.retinacapture.com/ or search to find any better methods.

Preview defaults to "Zoom to fit" (the screen). You can hit ⌘0 to zoom to full size.
  5. Freelancer

Freelancer Well-Known Member

You can't fix this. The sum of pixels is real and wanted as it is. Especially when you use screenshots for print publishing. You need to know the pixel density of your device that made the screenshot and then resize that picture by the ratio. For postproduction the sum of the pixels can't be high enough but for online use it has only an advantage if the original size and density is kept. So it still looks sharp on hd mobile devices. Therefore my suggestion for XF.