Resource icon

[screencast] Creating XenForo Add-on 1.0.0

No permission to download
  • Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
F

Floris

Floris submitted a new resource:

Creating a XenForo Add-on (version 1.0.0) - Learn how to create your first XenForo add-on with this visual guide

Creating a XenForo Add-on

Many of the questions that we received at http://xenfans.com were about how to display some text in the sidebar, header or footer. And how to make upgrading a lot easier. How does one create their own add-on, etc. These screencasts will walk you through the process of creating your first add-on for XenForo, so you can easily create your own templates, css, phrasing, and make upgrading a...

Read more about this resource...

Very useful indeed for people who struggle knowing how to create their own mods looking for a guide to try and learn, which includes myself. Very good!

I have to ask.... What editor are you using?

Would sure save me a world of time and effort if my editor auto filled / auto completed a few keys here and there, as yours does.

I have to ask.... What editor are you using?

Would sure save me a world of time and effort if my editor auto filled / auto completed a few keys here and there, as yours does.
Unfortn. I would normally gladly recommend TextMate by MacroMates but they have dropped the ball dramatically and have pathetically let their customers down by promising updates and never showing any evidence it's in the works. But yeah, TextMate. It has bundles for a lot of stuff, html/css/php/etc, and if in one thing shows different than in another, making it an awesome text editor. It's not a PHP IDE, but it's great for simplified screencasts and doesn't add 500 little windows on a screen.

Thanks everybody for the likes. Your positive feedback, likes and ratings are much appreciated. I am glad this is useful to some people.

Floris updated [screencast] Creating XenForo Add-on with a new update entry:

Four new screencasts, and a new build.

xxx

Screencast 10 - Organizing your group options

We previous made a group for options, with an option for the position. But what if you want more things? For example, a few test entries, or an "is this plugin active?" checkbox. How can we organize this like the other XenForo groups show so awesomely?

This screencast is a walkthrough on how to create new options, order them, and how we figured out the steps are per 100 and these 'hundreds' are...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ok, under updates all the walkthroughs are written out, the videos are all uploaded now to youtube.
They're just still being processed. If they don't load yet just check it out again in a few minutes.

[edit: only 13 is being processed, the rest works]

Unfortn. I would normally gladly recommend TextMate by MacroMates but they have dropped the ball dramatically and have pathetically let their customers down by promising updates and never showing any evidence it's in the works. But yeah, TextMate. It has bundles for a lot of stuff, html/css/php/etc, and if in one thing shows different than in another, making it an awesome text editor. It's not a PHP IDE, but it's great for simplified screencasts and doesn't add 500 little windows on a screen.

Note to self, buy Apple computer. :p

Rather not go off topic, but since Apple products are freaking amazing according to myself, and this is my own release thread, .. why not :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In this thread you also asked how to get your custom template to show at the most bottom part of the hook footer.
I've made an extra screencast video (14) to demonstrate how to customize my add-on to achieve that.

(youtube might still be processing this video)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In this thread you also asked how to get your custom template to show at the most bottom part of the hook footer.
I've made an extra screencast video (14) to demonstrate how to customize my add-on to achieve that.

(youtube might still be processing this video)
Exactly what I needed! Thank you so much for taking the time to thoroughly and clearly explain the add-on process. You did a wonderful job and I really appreciate you taking time to create this additional video. :)

Floris, at the start you say click "List Add-ons" and from there click "Create Add-on". I have no add-ons installed at all, and the option doesn't show-up to "Create Add-on", only "Install Add-on". Curious if you MUST HAVE at least one mod already installed to see that "Create Add-on" option show up?

Snap1.webp

Top Bottom