1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained [screencast] Creating XenForo Add-on 1.0.0

Learn how to create your first XenForo add-on with this visual guide

1. Floris

Floris Guest

Floris submitted a new resource:

Creating a XenForo Add-on (version 1.0.0) - Learn how to create your first XenForo add-on with this visual guide

Read more about this resource...

The8thLegion, Sylar, MrC and 11 others like this.
  2. Floris

Floris Guest

All 9 screencasts are now posted. (I am sure YouTube really enjoyed my 20 GB upload haha)

Sylar, Luis, mmoore5553 and 4 others like this.
  3. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Very useful indeed for people who struggle knowing how to create their own mods looking for a guide to try and learn, which includes myself. Very good!

4. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

Hopefully this spawns a new wave of add on developers! Thanks!

Floris likes this.
  5. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I have to ask.... What editor are you using?

Would sure save me a world of time and effort if my editor auto filled / auto completed a few keys here and there, as yours does.

6. Floris

Floris Guest

Unfortn. I would normally gladly recommend TextMate by MacroMates but they have dropped the ball dramatically and have pathetically let their customers down by promising updates and never showing any evidence it's in the works. But yeah, TextMate. It has bundles for a lot of stuff, html/css/php/etc, and if in one thing shows different than in another, making it an awesome text editor. It's not a PHP IDE, but it's great for simplified screencasts and doesn't add 500 little windows on a screen.

Luis and TheVisitors like this.
  7. Floris

Floris Guest

Thanks everybody for the likes. Your positive feedback, likes and ratings are much appreciated. I am glad this is useful to some people.

Luis likes this.
  8. Floris

Floris Guest

Floris updated [screencast] Creating XenForo Add-on with a new update entry:

Four new screencasts, and a new build.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Luis and Marocinoh like this.
  9. Floris

Floris Guest

Ok, under updates all the walkthroughs are written out, the videos are all uploaded now to youtube.
    They're just still being processed. If they don't load yet just check it out again in a few minutes.

[edit: only 13 is being processed, the rest works]

Luis likes this.
  10. Marocinoh

Marocinoh Member

Thanks for this guides Floris.
    I work on new add-on because of you =)

Floris likes this.
  11. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Note to self, buy Apple computer. :p

Andrej and Floris like this.
  12. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

Brilliant work Floris, thank you.

Floris likes this.
  13. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed that :)
    I imagined you...more british :p

14. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree. I am however still waiting for the latest refresh of iMac's... before I take the plunge.

15. Floris

Floris Guest

Rather not go off topic, but since Apple products are freaking amazing according to myself, and this is my own release thread, .. why not :

Andrej likes this.
  16. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

17. Floris

Floris Guest

Make sure your custom template at the top has: <xen:require css="igFooter_template.css" />

Luis and intradox like this.
  18. Floris

Floris Guest

In this thread you also asked how to get your custom template to show at the most bottom part of the hook footer.
    I've made an extra screencast video (14) to demonstrate how to customize my add-on to achieve that.

(youtube might still be processing this video)

Luis, intradox and Andrej like this.
  19. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

Exactly what I needed! Thank you so much for taking the time to thoroughly and clearly explain the add-on process. You did a wonderful job and I really appreciate you taking time to create this additional video. :)

Floris likes this.
  20. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Floris, at the start you say click "List Add-ons" and from there click "Create Add-on". I have no add-ons installed at all, and the option doesn't show-up to "Create Add-on", only "Install Add-on". Curious if you MUST HAVE at least one mod already installed to see that "Create Add-on" option show up?

Snap1.jpg