Scheduled Thread / Post

Peter

Create one or more posts ahead of time to be automatically submitted later.

For example, type the post and get it formatted nicely and then wait for the "press release day" for it to be submitted. News/media/entertainment industries get information but are not allowed to be released until later on (days, weeks, etc.). Even useful for forum announcements.

What do you think?

Upvote 191
I think this is a great idea. I would have many uses for scheduled posts. The way IPB does it would be fine (at the time a thread is created), but I would also appreciate the ability to add posts to existing threads according to a schedule in the future. With this feature, admins could create a bunch of new threads they know will be of interest to readers in advance when they have more spare time. It would also allow admins to "bump" various threads with items of interest on a regular schedule to keep them alive.

Oh, and this would also be a great addition for posts added using RSS feeds.

XF downloads 10 posts from another website's RSS feed (obviously non-copyrighted feeds) and then they get posted every couple of minutes/hrs etc. This would make the Google bot to visit the site more often as there is frequently updated content

I vote on this too. As a mod or built in. Would also be good if you can select usergroups that have permission to use this option.

Schedule a post this way (see attached screen capture). Looks familiar?

Attachments

• Screenshot.webp
    Screenshot.webp
    3.2 KB · Views: 47
yes! this is one i've requested for years! 4 thumbs up ;)

On my site, i have a post that goes out every Sunday around noon... it be good if i can create some in advance so i don't have to be in front of my computer every Sunday... :D

You could have a system where the post is moderated until a certain time, then it auto approves - so mods and admins could see it beforehand, and edit it as necessary, but members would not see it appear until it went approved.
Agree with Paul M's suggestion, would be the best way of doing it imo

A mod could be a better idea instead of bloating the core. Also such suggestions should be in mod request forum preferably (although I am not the one to decide it, author of this thread might have a better reason to post it here).

Whoa, not to drag an old thread from the bottom to the top, but this should really be considered. I'd support it as a mod, or in the core, and I have an application to apply it to immediately!

We used to run a trivia game in a moderated forum. I would post a question every weekday at 7am, and also score the previous days answers. However it became burdensome to make a post at the same time every day once I had kids, but if I could schedule the post it would make life so much easier!

I'd love to see this happen!

(One other thought: if it's a core feature of Wordpress, and it is, then it should be strongly considered. I know xF isn't a blog platform, but I use WP for trivia today, but it's a pain to support two platforms, if xF had this feature, I'd be able to drop WP! In my opinion, adding this feature would blur the lines between Forums and Blogs, and in a good way!)

Whoa, not to drag an old thread from the bottom to the top, but this should really be considered. I'd support it as a mod, or in the core, and I have an application to apply it to immediately!

We used to run a trivia game in a moderated forum. I would post a question every weekday at 7am, and also score the previous days answers. However it became burdensome to make a post at the same time every day once I had kids, but if I could schedule the post it would make life so much easier!

I'd love to see this happen!

(One other thought: if it's a core feature of Wordpress, and it is, then it should be strongly considered. I know xF isn't a blog platform, but I use WP for trivia today, but it's a pain to support two platforms, if xF had this feature, I'd be able to drop WP! In my opinion, adding this feature would blur the lines between Forums and Blogs, and in a good way!)

It would be great if they simply released a full Wordpress/Xenforo integration.

Top Bottom