Add-on Scheduled Promotions

Alpha1

Having scheduled promotions works well because members have a date to look forward to. Until that date they can make sure they reach all the requirements and hunt for all necessary trophies.

Please add the following settings to all usergroup promotions:
- Is a scheduled promotion: Yes/No
- Schedule promotion every X weeks/months on day Y.
- Post an announcement thread on the promotion date in forum X.
- Edit announcement thread text.

The announcement thread should list the promoted members, the usergroup promotion criteria and the next promotion date.

Interesting concept. Have you any metrics to back up the effectiveness of this gamification of promotions within your community? I'm very curious to see if this could be effective or not.

For many years I have been doing promotions mainly by hand and manually posting an announcement thread listing the promoted members and the conditions that members must meet to be promoted.
This has proved to be very effective as gamification of promotions. Members are highly motivated, driven and focused on promotions, points and promotion conditions. Pre-announced or scheduled promotions play a big part in this.

Could you give us an example of the trophy conditions and the benefits of the promotions that you offer? I'm really curious.

Conditions that need to be met (will be used as trophies after our migration to XF):
  • has been a member for X months
  • has posted in the last 2 months
  • has posted at least X posts
  • has rated at least X posts
  • has rated at least X posts negative
  • has tagged at least X posts
  • has less than 10 warning points
  • last X ratings were not negative
  • rating points is higher than post count
  • reported at least X posts
  • at least X posts were rated positive
I have various usergroup promotions based upon a combination of the above conditions. The various promotions give access to:
  • blog posting
  • social group creation
  • vendor rating area (highly desired function)
  • post editing function
  • restricted forums
  • joining moderator help groups (social groups)
  • write wiki articles
  • a number of permission expansions
  • negative rating functionality

Top Bottom