XF 2.2 Scheduled Jobs

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 745
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 745

Hi,

I'm getting this error in the index page of admin any idea why? I turned on Enable board URL canonicalization but it does nothing... Also added a image.

There are scheduled jobs outstanding which have not run. Jobs may not be getting triggered when expected.
Untitled-1.webp

Is you site getting activity?
How do you have your CRON jobs set to run?
ACP->Setup->Options->System & Performance-> Job Run Trigger
If you have it set at activity, and your site is not getting much activity then it's not going to run the CRON jobs regularly.
I personally have it set up to run mine via a server based trigger, and have set up a server crontab job to run once a minute.
By the same token, if you chose the server based and did not set up a server cron job to run, you will get the same error.

Is you site getting activity?
How do you have your CRON jobs set to run?
ACP->Setup->Options->System & Performance-> Job Run Trigger
If you have it set at activity, and your site is not getting much activity then it's not going to run the CRON jobs regularly.
I personally have it set up to run mine via a server based trigger, and have set up a server crontab job to run once a minute.
By the same token, if you chose the server based and did not set up a server cron job to run, you will get the same error.
it's set default - Activity based trigger, will try like you have it - Server based trigger. How would I setup a cron job, if i'm using cPanel?

it's set default - Activity based trigger, will try like you have it - Server based trigger. How would I setup a cron job, if i'm using cPanel?
Haven't used cPanel in over a decade... but I think there is a location to set up cron jobs.
The cPanel support site is usually a good place to check.

Any idea what common settings I should add (see picture) as well as minutes, hour, day, month and weekday?

pl_crons_3a.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to set it to run every minute.
How your panel controls that, I don't know since I create mine from the CLI using crontab -e.

Yes, I think I read it thanks again. No luck wont let me go below 5mins.

View attachment 283099
Contact your hosting provider. They may have it set so that you cannot create a CRON less than that.
If so, you will have to either find another hosting provider that does or see if they are willing to set up manually a CRON job for you to run every minute or modify your hosting account to allow it.
NameCheap does NOT allow CRON jobs of less than 5 minutes from my past experience with them, so I am sure other hosting providers are the same.

You mean the XF scripts... nope, as what you are doing is running a PHP script that then interacts with XF and runs the necessary XF cron related jobs. You are simply (from my understanding) running a trigger job each minute.

Top Bottom