Schedule Content XenForo 1.x only

Schedule Content XenForo 1.x only [Paid] 2.0.9

No permission to buy ($20.00)
2 things / suggestions:

(1) scheduled post doesn't get inserted at end of thread if posts are made after schedule creation
(2) in the recent activity feed, the scheduled post doesn't show up

Can these be fixed?

You can PM me if you want. I'm pretty sure nobita won't mind if I feedback the fix to him. I don't want the mod, i've already got a mod which does this and was just gonna fix the cron file. Just trying to help as I've suffered this very pain with *******'s mod - I fixed it and fed back the code to *******.

there must be a cron in order to schedule. The folder will be called cron and inside will likely be just the one file.

/library/someotherfolder/cron/somefile

There might be a few folders in between but I cant see how this mod would work without cron :)

2 things / suggestions:

(1) scheduled post doesn't get inserted at end of thread if posts are made after schedule creation

Can these be fixed?

#1: Hmm. Currently it inserted but noone can see it. I think it cool.
#2: Yep! The schedule post doesn't show up in NewsFeed.

there must be a cron in order to schedule. The folder will be called cron and inside will likely be just the one file.

/library/someotherfolder/cron/somefile

There might be a few folders in between but I cant see how this mod would work without cron :)
Noh. I did not use Cron job :D

Ok, well you're a clever one then huh! :)
After the scheduled post has gone live you need to rebuild the discussion. Just grab the $threadid and then:-

$dw = XenForo_DataWriter::create('XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread');
$dw->setExistingData($threadId);
$dw->rebuildDiscussion();

That will sort it all out as long the post_date has been changed to the scheduled date

Ok, well you're a clever one then huh! :)
After the scheduled post has gone live you need to rebuild the discussion. Just grab the $threadid and then:-

$dw = XenForo_DataWriter::create('XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread');
$dw->setExistingData($threadId);
$dw->rebuildDiscussion();

That will sort it all out as long the post_date has been changed to the scheduled date
Ohm. I think each people have their idea to implement that :)

I like @Rob 's suggestion to rebuild as I think that would fix my issue(s) with the current implementation.

Need alerts / news feed to update when post/thread goes 'live' and for posts, they need to be inserted at the end of a thread.

I like @Rob 's suggestion to rebuild as I think that would fix my issue(s) with the current implementation.

Need alerts / news feed to update when post/thread goes 'live' and for posts, they need to be inserted at the end of a thread.
I can confirm that is definitely what is needed to sort out the order. It's a simple piece of code but it may not help without a cron as the ordering needs "fixed" at the scheduled time the post "goes live". If there is no cron then it might be difficult to do that.

Anyway, I'm sure nobita will sort it out.

Reactions: RDR
I'm surprised Nobita you have ignored this bug. It has been highlighted as a definite bug and even a fix highlighted. This is paid mod and if fixed would work well.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDR
Will this ever get fixed @Nobita.Kun? I cannot recommend anybody to buy this in it's current state, and I would like to recommend it. Is there an update planned so I can advise my client about this mod?

I suppose I am yes, but this is not an "idea" it's a recommendation to fix a MAJOR bug.

I'm trying to find a viable solution to recommend to my client. There is nothing out of the box that does this reliably, including this mod. I cannot recommend a mod that doesn't do what it is supposed to.
If this was fixed, you'd get the recommendation and very soon after an order for it. It's up to you if you want to fix your mod or not.... but kindly tell me if you are or not so I can continue looking elsewhere.

I suppose I am yes, but this is not an "idea" it's a recommendation to fix a MAJOR bug.

I'm trying to find a viable solution to recommend to my client. There is nothing out of the box that does this reliably, including this mod. I cannot recommend a mod that doesn't do what it is supposed to.
If this was fixed, you'd get the recommendation and very soon after an order for it. It's up to you if you want to fix your mod or not.... but kindly tell me if you are or not so I can continue looking elsewhere.
I prefered said that it is as designed. And this is my idea. Thank you for suggestion but I have idea and deploy my way.

It is not as designed - it has a SHOW STOPPER bug. The problem here is that you do not understand what the bug is and it seems you dont even care or want to find out!

@RDR, as a paying customer of nobita, could you elaborate on the bug as he may listen to you more.

It is not as designed - it has a SHOW STOPPER bug. The problem here is that you do not understand what the bug is and it seems you dont even care or want to find out!

@RDR, as a paying customer of nobita, could you elaborate on the bug as he may listen to you more.
If any of my customers has an trouble with this addon, they will create new conversation with me and I will resolve it. I am focus to community resources and not for you resources. And i must said again. This is mine addon and mine ideas and I know what i do.

Note: @RDR please conversation with me.

@Nobita.Kun

Not sure why this is such a big issue to deal with, I posted this back in May (as a paying customer):
2 things / suggestions:

Can these be fixed?
Your response from what I gather is to leave it as it is. I asked, you answered and I've uninstalled until the addon improves. End of.

@Rob is offering you code to help but for some reason you are taking an aggressive stance.

Cheers,

Regs.

Top Bottom