[SC] Prefix Filter

[SC] Prefix Filter 2.0.0 Fix 1

No permission to download
Awesome add-on sytry!

I was wondering if you could make this an option or advise me on making this happen...

It would be awesome to be able to have the prefix filter just "above thread list" instead the "Top" above sub forum, it's great when you don't have sub forums since it doesn't affect anything but when you do then it's weird to have it at the top above the sub forum.

it's easier to have it just above the thread list and makes sense to have it there.

Screenshot 2021-06-27 052622.webp Screenshot 2021-06-27 052732.webp

Awesome add-on sytry!

I was wondering if you could make this an option or advise me on making this happen...

It would be awesome to be able to have the prefix filter just "above thread list" instead the "Top" above sub forum, it's great when you don't have sub forums since it doesn't affect anything but when you do then it's weird to have it at the top above the sub forum.

it's easier to have it just above the thread list and makes sense to have it there.

View attachment 253955 View attachment 253956
Hello, I'll see what I can do. I have some suggestions to include in a next update ;)

Regards, SyTry

Hey Sy!
Suggestion:
Respect "Thread list date limit" Yes/No

When the prefixes show numbers they can cause the following issues:
False results, no results.

Here's an example:
A Classifieds forum.
At the node level in acp, "Thread list date limit" 30 days.
This is to not show old ads.

Now, if you've had 3,000 "For Sale" ads over the years, the number shows 3,000. If you click it, it only returns the number from the last 30 days so only a few. And, if there have been no "For Sale" ads in the last 30 days, the number says 3,000 and you get an empty result.

So if the number in the prefix could respect the date limit, it would reflect that number, let's say 40, and return those results.

Should also update is users use the filters.

Thanks!

Last edited:
It might also be considered a bug, since you click a prefix with a number and get 0 results. That's because it is reading all the ones past the date limit but they are not accessible in forum view. In which case maybe it should not be a setting but just work this way.

Would a fix be coming soon on this? If I limit my forum results to 30 days for classified ads (for example), the prefixes are showing the numbers of the old ads. It looks weird to have a forum with 30 days of results and thousands of old ads in the prefix numbers. Click (318) and get (5) results. And if no prefixes have been used in 30 days one should not show, if I have that setting.

Last edited:
Would a fix be coming soon on this? If I limit my forum results to 30 days for classified ads (for example), the prefixes are showing the numbers of the old ads. It looks weird to have a forum with 30 days of results and thousands of old ads in the prefix numbers. Click (318) and get (5) results. And if no prefixes have been used in 30 days one should not show, if I have that setting.

Hello, any Update/Fix?

Hello, this add-on will be update by me and @CRUEL-MODZ at @XenSoluce now :

Regards, SyTry

There are five Add-ons for Prefix Filtering.
This one here needs one query per prefix!
If I have 50 prefixes in a forum, we have 50 more queries for every forum view.
I guess you should find a better way or use a cache, please?

There are five Add-ons for Prefix Filtering.
This one here needs one query per prefix!
If I have 50 prefixes in a forum, we have 50 more queries for every forum view.
I guess you should find a better way or use a cache, please?
Hello, this add-on need to be updated anyway, we'll see what we can do about this with @CRUEL-MODZ ;)

Regards, SyTry

Hello, it is a very good plugin, but it causes slowdown and delayed opening in categories with high interest.

Is this something that can be solved?

Hello, it is a very good plugin, but it causes slowdown and delayed opening in categories with high interest.

Is this something that can be solved?
Hello, we'll update our add-on and see what we can do about this ;)

Regards, SyTry

Maybe I missed it or I'm blind, but how do I increase the spacing between the prefixes? Would be nice to add a little more padding between each.

I checked both templates and there was nothing there to change the spacing, just the top or bottom padding. Unless I'm just dumb lol.

Top Bottom