Saving Permissions as a file?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 745
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 745

Hi,

Is there a way to save my 4 "User Group Permissions" as a file so I can upload the set so I can let people view it to see if I modified the groups right?

Example

So it shows like a spreadsheet with like this in it.

General Permissions

.............................................................registered.......admin..........mods
View........................................................allow...........not set........not set
View node...............................................allow...........not set........not set
View user profiles...................................allow...........not set........not set
View user profiles...................................allow...........not set........not set
Search.....................................................allow...........not set........not set
Edit custom title....................................not set...........allow.........not set
Edit signature.........................................allow...........not set........not set
Follow message moderation rules.........allow...........not set........not set
Bypass flood check................................not set...........allow.........not set

Hard-delete thread by anyone..............not set..........not set.........allow
Delete thread by anyone.......................not set..........not set.........allow

Which addon is for FireFox as I tried one called LIteShot and it does not take the full picture is asks you to drag it but it wont take the full screenshot.

It's not possible to export that data via the ACP.

These are my permissions, Made it so unregistered get the least permissions and then members then moderating then administrative, but administratives would be a member of the moderating and registered group, and a moderating group would be a member of the members group but not the administrative group.

Does the permissions look right Brogan, none of the permissions are the same are they for the admin, mod or members group are they apart from the unregistered is simular to the members group.

Looks good to me.

You seem to have grasped the concept of multiple group membership, only setting additional permissions to Allow and leaving those already set in other groups to Not Set (No).

So all the permissions look good and wont conflict with each other?

How come the admin and members, some of the permissions were the same and I had to set the admin ones to not set (no) as they was allowed in members like for example - post new thread both was set to allow.

You can have the same permission in two groups set to Allow, it won't cause a problem.
It just makes it harder to manage.

Let's say for example you have a permission set to Allow in two different groups and you decide you want to remove that permission for all members. You will have to change it in both groups.

Whereas if you just have it set to Allow in the Registered user group and everyone has that group as their primary, then you only need to change it in that single group.

The pre-installed group settings when you first install the software are irrelevant, you can just change them to suit.
There is no concept of "default" settings.

How come for example the members group and moderator and admin groups all have for post set to allow and not just the lowest set to allow?

Example
.............................................................registered.......admin..........mods
View........................................................allow...........allow............allow

Instead of
View........................................................allow...........not set........not set

It's just the way they've been created as defaults.

You can change them as you wish.

My Administrative group has everything set to Not Set (No).

Top Bottom