XF 1.5 Same forum across two servers?

mana0303

I would like to run Xenforo on 2 servers. For Example if I have node in the US and a node in the EU. They will both meet in the middle to connect to the CA node to gather information (Main Database). And US and EU nodes with sync with each other. The users/admins will be able to login into the forums for either website/node. So is this possible?

I would like to run Xenforo on 2 servers. For Example if I have node in the US and a node in the EU. They will both meet in the middle to connect to the CA node to gather information (Main Database). And US and EU nodes with sync with each other. The users/admins will be able to login into the forums for either website/node. So is this possible?
Entirely possible, although I suspect you'd need two xenforo licenses - check with xf support before proceeding with this option.

If speed and latency is your concern, then this is the better option. (check my sig ;) )

It's possible but tricky. For database replication you can setup a Galera master:master replication cluster (I have done this a few times). This will introduce a bit of latency on DB writes as commit has to happen across all nodes before it is marked as successful.

For files you can use redundant storage pools for your user files i.e. stuff that changes on a glusterfs volume or a CDN and static files can be replicated at your leisure as they would not change until you do an update of sorts (in which case you'll want one as a master and have a cron job to rsync to your nodes).

As per mouth check on licensing requirements, given it's the same 'site' you may get away with one but check nonetheless.

You will also need a dns system that supports geo zoning like rage4, this way your europe traffic is served by your EU server. You can also setup Geo redundancy (as I have) with DNS so if one server goes down it switches to the other. It seems to work well.

Top Bottom