1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CDN two servers?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Wuebit, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

I have two servers could I cdn from one to the other ? as in my xenforo site too >> spare

Thanks

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I didn't know what CDN was. I had to read up on it. o_O

I'm not sure how that would be implemented with a forum. Why do you want to setup a CDN? Is your forum busy enough that it is maxing out the network?

3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Why do you have 2 servers?:p
    Are they connected "direct" (sorry don't know the right english word for this^^)
    What are the server doing? (do you use both as web-,mail- & database server? )

Sorry but this sounds a little bit "i have much money, i got now an second server, but i don't know what to do with it:D :p *scnr*

4. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Not at all busy but, If I have a spare why not speed it the main site right? :)

No there not connected :)
    One runs all my sites other is used for backups and linux "learning"

5. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Yes .. you can :D

6. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

How :D

7. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

I don't think xenforo is CDN ready as of now ... but the idea of using a spare server for static content is feasible if the application integrates CDN ie : WordPress

8. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Aye I thought they might be some software which picks up all the static content from "here to there" np thanks tho :)

9. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

It'll work with ftp .. but a mod to xenforo needs to pickup the static content (mainly js and png, jpgs ..etc..) and ftp all of them to a directory on the other server ...

I've done this with WP and vB ... I'm sure something for xenforo will come around soon :D

10. Ati

Ati Active Member

You can set up rsync to do that automatically.

11. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Yep ... cron job ;)