Safari push notifications coming to macOS and iOS

Is that very useful? I've never used it, only this time now to check if it functions.
This is the question that needs to be answered with all of this. What we're losing sight of is you now get push notifications to your iPhone and that works flawlessly, it is a huge advantage on any board bringing them into the modern day. Just add a couple of buttons if necessary for refresh and navigation but to throw it all away over that is silly.

In theory. That doesn’t actually seem to always work consistently. Not had a chance to look into that.

Are iOS notifications when tapped taking you to the correct content?

That has been working for me, but currently doesn’t.

My phone is, unfortunately, completely messed up when it comes to anything JavaScript based on this site.

We added pull to refresh to the iOS PWA because it’s absent for reasons no one understands but it doesn’t actually work on my phone. It’s like the code doesn’t exist.

I still have issues in the editor that were fixed upwards of a few years ago.

My phone is, unfortunately, completely messed up when it comes to anything JavaScript based on this site.

We added pull to refresh to the iOS PWA because it’s absent for reasons no one understands but it doesn’t actually work on my phone. It’s like the code doesn’t exist.

I still have issues in the editor that were fixed upwards of a few years ago.
Just added this site home page to my iPhone and when I open it the drag down to refresh does work without issue on my end. I'll wait for a reply (notification) to see how that works as well and report back.

Might be worthwhile to rethink how re-authenticating with 2FA works. Personally, I've always found it annoying that I have to re-auth every device I'm logged in with every 30 days. Going to be more annoying having one more session (PWA app) that more or less logs you out every 30 days. Something like extending the reauth time out a couple weeks when you use it would be nice (effectively you could stay logged in for "sessions" you are actively using)? Just an idea...

Apps that would force me to relog in every 30 days would be apps I tend to stop using... not even my banking app requires that, and there's far less important info on my account here than my bank account.

One thing that's never happened to me before, is my phone lost it's keyboard with Safari (normal app as well as PWA app)... restarting Safari and PWA app didn't help. Had to restart my phone completely to get a keyboard again in the app. Has to be a Safari bug, but just throwing that out there.

I've added to my homescreen and am not getting notifications for some reason on this site, anything I might be missing?

Another thing that would make onboarding have a little less friction is if you were able to pass in the xf_user cookie to the PWA somehow. The app is installed, but now we aren't even logged in to the app. So now we have to install it, then log-in, maybe do 2FA and finally we can enable push.

Maybe set the PWA app URL's start_url _pwa value with something that could log the user in (a hashed token that would log the user in automatically with that URL within an hour or something)? If it's past an hour (just use the URL normally and ignore the "auto-login token").

One other suggestion, maybe have a statechange listener for the PWA app that forces an AJAX request to update counters (or a page refresh or CSRF update for the same purpose if the CSRF token is expired) when the app is opened? A little unintuitive to open an app that has something like conversation/alert counters and then force a hard refresh to actually see the counters in-app.

Notifications working as they should but not getting the badge app icon unless I go into the site first, same experience on my own site.

Top Bottom