XF 2.2 Running two XF forums on one server

Pauly

I am contemplating starting another forum and wondering if i am likely to see any issues running a second XF forum on my current server.

My main concern is with elasticsearch and indexes, will each forum run a separate instance and be able to differentiate ?

As my new forum will be very similar to my original is it possible or is there an easy way to copy over the existing forum structure but without any content or members, this would save me having to rebuild node trees/groups/permissions etc etc i intend the new forum to largely replicate the old just with a different title and URL

My main concern is with elasticsearch and indexes, will each forum run a separate instance and be able to differentiate ?
I do this. The settings in ES refer to the database, not the server.
is there an easy way to copy over the existing forum structure but without any content or members, this would save me having to rebuild node trees/groups/permissions etc etc i intend the new forum to largely replicate the old just with a different title and URL
When I've done this easiest for me was to make a clone of the forum, then delete all the data (keep nodes but delete all threads and all users)

ES will automatically use the MySQL database name as the index name.
You can though set it to whatever you wish.

1623764866296.png

There's a complete guide here:

You can purge content from the database after setting up the new site.

Also a guide for setting up an instance on localhost (for testing purposes):

Top Bottom