Running ElasticSearch on a Separate Server

DeltaHF

I'm considering moving my large forum (6m+ posts) to XenForo, and I'm very excited to learn about the improved search functionality. I'm less enthusiastic, however, about running the JVM on the server that runs my site and the additional memory elasticsearch's index would consume.

Will it be possible to configure XenForo to use an elasticsearch index on a separate server, or will it assume the index resides on localhost by default?

I would assume so since elasticsearch can internally expand to span multiple servers. XF forcing to connect only to localhost would seem a little silly.

I'm considering moving my large forum (6m+ posts) to XenForo, and I'm very excited to learn about the improved search functionality. I'm less enthusiastic, however, about running the JVM on the server that runs my site and the additional memory elasticsearch's index would consume.

Will it be possible to configure XenForo to use an elasticsearch index on a separate server, or will it assume the index resides on localhost by default?
I currently run ElasticSearch on a separate server, ie standalone. Works fine.

The options in the addon allow you to configure
Code:
host:port
;)

Top Bottom